Disable translations per type of content

More
10 years 8 months ago #39241 by igcorreia
Similar to fields, where we have the power to say that the IMAGE FIELD is untraslatable, I wounder if we could have this same feature but PER CONTENT TYPE, I explain, I have this type of contetent called SLIDESHOW IMAGES or CITYES. An I don't for my team or the client WASTE time translating this items, becouse they are really not traslatable. Wouldbe nice to define this on a per type of content bases.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #39259 by ggppdk
Hello,

what does an untranslatable content type involve ?

what behavior?
have you thought of what will be disallowed ?

e.g. an untranslatable content type will involve:
-- allowed language to be only "ALL" in NEW item form that have content
-- when a content is submitted that content type is being preloaded (we have menu items that the user sees a number of allowed (via ACL) content types and selects content type),
then after item is submitted the language must be changed to ALL and user must be notified ...
-- the associations of translations must be disallowed
-- maybe more

So some requests are not trivial ... to implement and involves dealing with unexpected or unwanted behavior that we will force as to do more work

e.g. the untranslatable feature for fields was fixed several times in a couple of different places, and involved more work than we initially had in mind ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 8 months ago #39310 by igcorreia
Din't know that it was that complexo , thought it was a trivial change.

I can live with this :)

3.x is more important rigth now.

More
10 years 8 months ago #39311 by ggppdk
Hello,

yes 3.x support should be finished before any other feature,

PS:
some new filter improvements (including the custom field scope = like locked filter values of category view)
and some other improvements were done now , because of paid work

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.468 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline