Using field data to filter content in module / menu

More
10 years 8 months ago #39280 by magj
Hi
Again I thank you for your great job and new enhancements.
But I have a problem for many of my projects that sometimes I had to switch to another solution than flexicontent. :(

If would could make a menu to a category that ONLY shows items that have a field with a "certain value".

please note the following is "Just" an example. I have some different projects with much more fields values and , having a menu to certain field value or having a module to display items with "certain" value is a must!

An example
It would be great and makes having fields "more" meaningful that we can display items based on their field values to users by making menu's to categories that the items in that categories have fields with certain values:
For example:

I have categories:
Cars >BMW
>Audi
>Porsche
>....
and I have items like
x6 / x3 / x7 / A8 / 911 /... etc. that have a field like: available color: with values: green,blue,black
another field with Car Size Class of
Minicompact ,Subcompact ,Compact ,Midsize ,Large

I want to make a menu like "Blue cars" to point to Cars category and display only blue cars or only "Midsize Cars".

I know that users can filter items in the category by selecting filter but in complex data structures it's not usable. to make these menus (or having a flexicontent universal module) to display only items with a certain value for a certain field we should create many categories like Blue/Red/black/.../mini/sub/compact/mid/large and those items should be assigned to "All" categories. i.e. a single cars should be assigned to the blue+red+midsize for us to have a menu like "midsize cars" or red cars.

If we want to have more fields it would be much more difficult.

I've asked in another thread about displaying items "Based" on field "values" in flexicontent universal module.

Thanks again
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #39281 by micker
hello a speed reply ... (need more time for understand)
try to mix module filter and use universal module to display link with current option

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 8 months ago #39284 by ggppdk
Hello,
this implemented in v2.1.0 for category and universal content module

and currently testing filtering module with this and with ability to select multiple categories as filtering destination

So
A. about category view these were added in
.. Component parameters, then override via Category parameters, then overridden by menu parameters:
1. Initial filter values,
2. Locked filter values
these include support for single values, multiple values, ranges

B. about universal content module A new custom field scope was added that behaves like the Locked filter values of category view

C. the filtering module (currently under work not every is in public package of v2.1.0 in our SVN download) is being added with support for both 1 Initial filter values, and 2. Locked filter values, and ability to target multiple categories in category view, and also the category filter of category view is being enhanced to be allow tag-like multi-selection while having drop-down tree display with filtering (via select2 lib) but without removing the already selected values that would harm the display of the tree

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 8 months ago #39290 by magj
Hi
Oh! I was using the latest official version in the site:
FLEXIcontent CCK v2.0.2 r1680 for J2.5
I've downloaded the v2.1.0 r1720 now , and I'll try it.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and GREAT support and work.
Regards

More
10 years 8 months ago #39299 by ggppdk
Hello,

please, better use v2.1.0 r1733 it is more complete,

(just the filtering module is not 100% done)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline