Accordion, tree or sliding menus

More
14 years 1 month ago #4690 by vfro
Hello

Anyone tried to use accordion, tree or sliding menus with Flexicontent? I tried Extend menu but it's not working...

I need a tree menu to show categories in left side of page..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4695 by yopyop001

More
14 years 1 month ago #4698 by vfro
Thank you

I have a problem using this module. It show me a tree but not how i need to be. I have over 250 categories and, using this module, i get a list of all categories.

What i need is a collapsible/expandable menu based on category selection, so if i choose a main category then show only categories which depend on it. Then, choosing next main category, collapse first main category and show only categories for second main category...

See this example(demo 1) here :

www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... /index.htm

More
14 years 1 month ago #4710 by yopyop001
Hi,

Your link is broken, but i think you're talking about the treeview menu
www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/treeview/index.htm

May be we can adapt the flexitreemenu module to add a expand/collapse fonctionnality and an option to limit levels of category displayed.

I can't have a look to that now, but may be someone else...

Sorry for the unconstructive answer.

Rgds

More
14 years 1 month ago #4845 by vfro
Ok, i think i solve it :) Please note that i'm not a programmer so i cannot provide more help. For more information about menu customisation, check this file: www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... /index.htm

1. download attached archive and unzip it in modules/mod_flexitree_menu; now you have a folder called jquery.treeview

2. Add this code to your modules/mod_flexitree_menu/tmpl/default.php

after:

<?php // no direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>

add

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="modules/mod_flexitree_menu/jquery.treeview/jquery.treeview.css" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="modules/mod_flexitree_menu/javascript/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script> <script src="modules/mod_flexitree_menu/jquery.treeview/lib/jquery.cookie.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="modules/mod_flexitree_menu/jquery.treeview/jquery.treeview.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function(){ // first example $("#navigation").treeview({ collapsed: true, unique: true, persist: "location" }); }); </script>

3. Same file:

Replace

<ul class="sf-menu <?php echo $params->get('superfish_menu');?>">

with

<ul class="sf-menu <?php echo $params->get('superfish_menu');?>" id="navigation">

Don't forget to set "Link category" in module to Yes
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #5027 by HillWoody
Hello vfro,

well done! Only two things don't work though for me (seems to be simple, but I don't find it at the moment :? ):

- click on menu item loses itemid in URL -> flexitree module disappears on called page
- show module title is set to "yes" - but no title is displayed

Furthermore:
Are there possible conflicts jquery <-> mootools with this module?

Greetings

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline