Hide menu items Yootheme

More
13 years 9 months ago #8262 by SilverApe
Replied by SilverApe on topic Hide menu items Yootheme
Hi Emmanuel,

Stange thing, after the weekend I took a look in the admin and the error was nowhere to be found, still everybody is able to submit in the restricted area so I tried the install and logout thing but that also did not change a thing. In the attachment you see what groups I have (I seem to be missing the default one).

I will try to PM you the files for the menu.

greetings,
Aaron
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9744 by SilverApe
Hi Emmanuel,

I let it rest for a while. I was on vacation and had some other things on my mind but the problem is still there.
Everybody can put content in categories they are not intended to and I can not hide the menu items because of the yootheme menu, so I am out of options.
Restricting the access for some people to add content was why I bought FLEXIaccess.
Can we pick up this post and try to figure it out why it does not work?

Thanks,
Aaron

More
13 years 7 months ago #10512 by mortenrasmussen
I have the exact same problem:

I can't restrict submission to the categories, even though I set it, it does not work (as this thread describes).

And, I can't hide menu-items because of the yootheme.

So because Flexiaccess does not work as it should there are no options to restrict anything else but read-permission (which would be possible with several other FREE components).

That way Flexiaccess is useless.

But I have posted several issues on this subject and even wrote directly to the component owner. But there are absolutely no support at all.

It is sad.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #10514 by mortenrasmussen
After going thrugh the Yootheme folders I found the solution, I think.

You can use the general solution mentioned here: www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... items.html

But it is true that it is hardcoded in the Yoo template. So instead of modifying the default.php you have to go to this folder:

/templates/yoo_yourtemplate/html/mod_mainmenu/decorator

and change the wanted file (accordion og dropdown...) just as described in the general solution mentioned above.

I can now restrict menu items even when using a Yootheme.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by mortenrasmussen.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10515 by yopyop001
Replied by yopyop001 on topic Hide menu items Yootheme
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the trick.

Regards

More
13 years 7 months ago #10531 by SilverApe
Hi,

That trick worked! Thanks!

It is indeed sad not to get proper reply's on a paid product, but lets hope the author is bussy perfecting the component :)

anyway, thanks

Aaron

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.583 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline