What is the correct approach to using the Universal Module for viewing related content?

More
7 years 10 months ago #61734 by michal.rames@gmail.com
After a extensive trials and errors with other CCKs I finally settled on FLEXIContent :)

I am now looking for the best practice to display information about vendors and products:
  1. I am trying to use the Universal Module to display vendor information using related fields based on this tutorial www.flexicontent.org/documentation/faq/7...-reverse-fields.html
    --> What is the best way to debug the Universal Module? I'm getting empty output when using the Universal Module within Article.
  2. what is the best way to use an instance of Universal Module in a template (that way I don't have to add it to each article)

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #61737 by micker
hello
1 if you use scope relation your output is alway empty without item because you need item in value
maybe you can explain more your setting
2 you can use universal module in template position, and select menu item wanted or more powerfull you can use advanced module manager

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
7 years 10 months ago #61738 by michal.rames@gmail.com
hi micker,
appreciate your quick response!

ad 1. - I have 1..* relation between vendor and products (author and books, etc...). The relation is configured via relation field on the product and reverse relation field on the vendor. When I display a product article/item, i would like to display the vendor information somewhere else on the page. I tried doing this using
Code:
{loadmodule mod_flexicontent,XXXX}
within the product article/item as well as assigning the module directly to a template position but it always comes out empty.
Is this a legitimate use of Universal Content module?

ad 2. - I know I can use template position for Joomla template but I was looking for a way to attach the module to a FlexiContent template (e.g. in a similar way to how it handles custom fields). I'm primarily after common design patterns and best practices (I'm new to Joomla).

Many thanks

Michal

More
7 years 10 months ago #61739 by micker
1 no need to module just put relation field in your item position for display, you can manage your display in relation field display tab
2 we have an laod module field, create it, choose your module, drag and drop in flexicontent template position.. that all

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
The following user(s) said Thank You: michal.rames@gmail.com

More
7 years 10 months ago #61743 by michal.rames@gmail.com
Thanks that worked!

I hope one day I will be able to contribute to your amazing project :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #61745 by micker
with 5 stars on jed, with some tutorial or review on social network
regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline