Possible feature - Modify User Notifications

More
11 years 4 months ago #32212 by kenmcd
Hi Georgios,

Would it be possible to have an administration feature which enables us to modify the notifications for a particular user?

You may have noticed we have a few notifications which bounce each time you add a new version to the FLEXIcontent download page.
Users who have favorite'd this page are sent an email to notify them that a new version is available.
A few of these emails bounce for various reasons such as a bad email address, or some spam filter service is overly aggressive (or just dumb).

Having the server keep trying to send these is a waste of CPU.
I could disable that user in Joomla, but then they would not be able to log-in to the forum too.
So what I would like to do is be able to turn-off their FLEXIcontent favorites notifications.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Ken

EDIT:
I just noticed that one user who is disabled in Joomla is still getting the email sent from FLEXIcontent.
Perhaps a check is needed in the notifications code to not send notifications to disabled users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline