FLEXIContent - v2.0.0 - final for J2.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 2 months ago #22634 by bjuvang
I checked out the latest from svn (1145) and zipped the com_flexicontent_v2.x folder. After this I installed it in my joomla but i cant see any changes to the sort by custom field functionality. Is there any other way i should try this from svn?

Or should i just wait for your release? :-)

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 months ago #22636 by ggppdk
I have not commited yet, next commit has 50-80 changed files, i am still trying to test it a little more, before i commit, because i will have very little time the next days, plus i need to finish something in universal module, i wanted to commit this morning, but i kept making changes and fixing bugs

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
More
12 years 2 months ago #22648 by ggppdk
I have just committed r1147, almost nothing new will be added. This will be the final version after some open bugs that remain in bug-tracker ..

- Fixed Frontend ACL 100% and backend 95% for FC v2.0 (J1.7+)
- Unified frontend code (except for items model) for the J1.5/J1.7+ versions
- fixed some bugs in validations of item form, and added features to frontend from like full primary category support and editing parameters (standard and template),
- added support for unique item hits via session instead of db
- alter/added sending of notification of revised items once per session (when multiple edit-saves)
- various other improvements and bug fixes that i forget.
- some improvements for standard search plugin

Now we need to test it (with J2.5 too, it works but personally i have not tested yet), and close a few open bugs that are still in bug tracker and we have the final version.

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
More
12 years 2 months ago #22651 by micker
with this new version it possible to send a notification to admin after submit an item in category ?
i start to test it on joomla 2.5
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
More
12 years 2 months ago #22655 by yasarts

ggppdk wrote: I have just committed r1147, almost nothing new will be added. This will be the final version after some open bugs that remain in bug-tracker ..

Now we need to test it (with J2.5 too, it works but personally i have not tested yet), and close a few open bugs that are still in bug tracker and we have the final version.

Congrats and thx a lot !
Do you make a release (download) for this version ?

An other ask/reflexion : you had make a huge work. It's very impressive. In near future, isn't it more reasonable to stop development for J!1.5(with Flexi 1.5.6) and continue only the branch 2.x ?
My biggest website with Flexi is on J!1.5. For my part, I wish update to 1.5.6 and then work on migration to J!2.5 and Flexi2.0. That's more secure for future. I believe lot of users are like me and will stop use J!1.5 for security reasons (and because J!1.6+ / J!2.5 have a lot of improvments).

Conclusion : I would like support developpement of Flexi. Is there a way to "pay you a coffee (or more...)" ?
More
12 years 2 months ago #22656 by ggppdk
To yassarts: thanks for your words, i have made slideshow template for universal module (imagine the scopes and other capabilities of universal module combine with this template), this and maybe something else will be available for a fee and will help us with development. My involvement in this project was never aimed in making money, actually i have lost money. I am working on some web applications that combine with joomla CMS to make money.

Also i want to say that Emmanuel despite not being very active lately, is still project leader, just has some other priorities.

To micker:
Yes the new version (both FC v1.5.6 and v2.0) will send a notification on
1. once per new item submission,
2. once when an item is revised and needs approval, but i will send one notification per session even if item is saved multiple times

About choosing "recipients per category" to receive mails, because we now have support for primary category in frontend item, is now possible to add a multi-user select parameter in category for choosing the recipients according to item's primary category.

But will not add more features now, r1147 will be final version (after some bug fixes and 2-3 minor uncommitted features) next version will come very soon after v1.5.6 / v2.0

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline