Publish date in template

More
11 years 4 months ago #31721 by denniskobus
Is het difficult to activate the publiction date to the template. and also to the module?

thanks, dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31725 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Publish date in template
Publication date?

You mean creation date or publish up date?

If you mean to display creation date, FLEXIcontent universal content Module has parameters for displaying this, and also the SCOPE (filter the results of the list in the module) can use the creation date.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 4 months ago #31737 by denniskobus
i meant publish up date.
creation date would be an option if it could be edited by other than SuperAdmin.

of course there is always the option of a custom date field but it seems strange to me that with so many core date fields it is not possible to give editors one they can control (while visble in template)

thanks, dennis

More
11 years 4 months ago #31739 by ggppdk
I see , yes you are right it makes sense that in some case we would want to allow editing of creation date

but not allow it to any editor,

you see in many sites it is important, and must always show when an item was really listed in the site !

-- what is more appropriate is add an ACL permission !

e.g. you would give this ACL permission to all registered users or to groups that you select

so you want to display publish up time in FLEXIcontent module? why? item is not visible anyway , right?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 4 months ago #31742 by denniskobus
first: thanks for quick responses!

this is the case: the news-section of our portal we want the visible date to be the date on which the news-event happend.
so in the morning we add news about things that happend the day before in the afternoon (for instance a press conference). the date above the title should be the date of the press conference, not the date we added it to the site.

but:
publish_up can be altered by editors (ic with administrator rights) but not be made visible.

creation date (and modified) can be made visible, but are not editable (which i understand for modified)

basically it doesn't matter which one i can use, as long as it works both in FC component as in FC universal module
(and i dont mind hacking it into either template)

thanks, dennis

More
11 years 4 months ago #31745 by ggppdk
i mean to say that
1. publish-up date is alterable by editors that have publish privilege

2. if publish-up date is not in the past item will not show at all in FLEXIcontent universal content module, is this ok?, will all your items have publish-up date to the past?

3. so since publish-up time will be in the past why don't you use a custom date field ?

about using publish_up in your templates i will add it to available data for every item, in next commit

to use this now, at file helper.php of the module:

Find:
Code:
$lists[$ord]['featured'][$i]->access = $row->access; ... $lists[$ord]['standard'][$i]->access = $row->access;
AND add respectively:
Code:
$lists[$ord]['featured'][$i]->publish_up = $row->publish_up; ... $lists[$ord]['standard'][$i]->publish_up = $row->publish_up;
and then in module template file, e.g. mynews.php
use:
Code:
<?php echo $item->publish_up; ?>

Please considering leaving a review at JED (joomla extensions)

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline