Publish date in template

More
11 years 4 months ago #31752 by denniskobus

ggppdk wrote: i mean to say that
1. publish-up date is alterable by editors that have publish privilege

alterable, but not visible for visitor

ggppdk wrote: 2. if publish-up date is not in the past item will not show at all in FLEXIcontent universal content module, is this ok?, will all your items have publish-up date to the past?

if we write about something that happened yesterday, we want yersterdays date

ggppdk wrote: 3. so since publish-up time will be in the past why don't you use a custom date field ?

because most of the time the automatic publication date is fine. we just want to be able to edit it sometimes. And sorting on a custom field is in a module still not possible (but that is in an other thread)

ggppdk wrote: about using publish_up in your templates i will add it to available data for every item, in next commit

that wil give me the option to add it to the template by dragging, like i can do now with most other core fields and custom fields, right?

i did implement your code for de module file, now trying to apply cutom date format to it

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31763 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Publish date in template
Hello,

if we write about something that happened yesterday, we want yersterdays date

if it is in future then item will not be visible that is what i meant ... so you cannot display items that have future publish_up anyway. In short i was telling you can use this only and only if all items have past publish up date.

that wil give me the option to add it to the template by dragging, like i can do now with most other core fields and custom fields, right?

no i was not speaking of a new core field, i was speaking of adding ability to used by developers, in templates of FLEXIcontent universal module

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 4 months ago #31776 by denniskobus

In short i was telling you can use this only and only if all items have past publish up date.

clear and workable

no i was not speaking of a new core field, i was speaking of adding ability to used by developers, in templates of FLEXIcontent universal module

ok, but how about displaying it in the component templates? i thought i would be able to drag it in the tempate (in category or item view) like create date and other core fields. i'm not sure if that requires a new core field or just making an already existing (joomla)field visible.

regards, dennis

ps. i will register to JED especially to add a review to flexicontent, but how about updating it to a 2.5 compatible component there?

More
11 years 4 months ago #31778 by ggppdk
In template you will have to modify template files (remember to duplicate them first via template manager)

1. the category_items.php (category view)
and add either (blog template):
Code:
<?php echo $item->publish_up ?>
or
Code:
<?php echo $items[$i]->publish_up ?>

3. item.php (item view)
and add:
Code:

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 4 months ago #31780 by denniskobus

ggppdk wrote: 3. item.php (item view)
and add:

Code:

should be
Code:
<?php echo $this->item->publish_up ?>
?

More
11 years 4 months ago #31784 by ggppdk
yes, see other code,
also it depends on template
e.g. if you do at top of file:

<?php $item = & $this->item; ?>

then you can use both

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline