Search in a category ??

More
14 years 2 months ago #3892 by orchid1
Replied by orchid1 on topic Search in a category ??
try altering the alpha.php file in the template so that this is compatible with Russian.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3906 by rtfrtr100345
$letters = array('a','а','б','в','г','д','е','ж','з','и','к','л','м','н','о','п','р','с','т','у','ф','х','ч','ш','э','ю','я');
foreach ($letters as $letter) :
if (in_array($letter, $this->alpha)) :
echo "<a class=\"fc_alpha_index\" href=\"#\" onclick=\"document.getElementById('alpha_index').value='".$letter."';document.getElementById('adminForm').submit();\">".mb_strtoupper($letter,'utf-8')."";
else :
echo "<span class=\"fc_alpha_index\">".mb_strtoupper($letter,'utf-8')."</span>";
endif;
endforeach;

I have changed all functions "str...." on "mb_str..."
After that Russian letters became active, but search does not work :?:

More
14 years 2 months ago #3940 by orchid1
hmmmmm... let me think
we are half way there
maybe we need to have a look at the search plugin?
can you take a look at that. I will take a look myself
there must be something in there that is keeping it from searching properly. That's my guess anyways.
Post back if you find something

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 2 months ago #3941 by orchid1
:idea: also try connecting to the flexicontent svn if you are brave.
!But on a testing server first. This may have already been worked out on a newer release.
You can always revert with the svn but try it on a testing server first and save the trouble if you want. It;s a bad idea to go into the search plugin and manipulate stuff but maybe we can find something in there and let the developers know about it.

This is an important issue since I think everyone would want flexicontent to be as universal as possible

More
14 years 2 months ago #3942 by orchid1

More
14 years 2 months ago #4024 by rtfrtr100345
I have tried to test the given problem on flexicontent svn, however the same result - an alpha the index does not work :x

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline