The Image field Thumbnails bloating the site!

More
5 years 10 months ago #73772 by kspoddar
Hi,
I am facing the problem too. My client requires photos to be uploaded on an average of 600 per week. This really adds to the website becoming bloating every day. Is there a way that one could not have the original images saved?
Also, when I reduced the thumbnail quality to 70, the thumbnail picture file sizes did not reduce substantially.
Lastly, how do I ensure that once the item is deleted, all images of that item will automatically be deleted?

Thanks

Cheers!
Kirti

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #73773 by micker
yes if you keep original !
check params on global config you have an option for rezize original to save disk space

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 years 10 months ago #73777 by ggppdk
Hello

micker means that
- at component configuration
- and at the image field too

you can configure auto-resize of the original images too
thus you can reduce the size of the original images at the time the user uploads them

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
5 years 10 months ago #73785 by kspoddar
Thanks, George.
However, if I set the resize option to very small in the original, then all the image thumbnails (small, medium and large)  take the size of the original images during viewing. Example, if set the resize option as 50 x 50 then the display uses the same image from the original folders. So, if the medium image dimension is 400 x 400 then it will take the 50x50 image and display it at 400 x 400 dimensions and this results in it being pixelated. See here  101.53.130.49/newsite/glam/item/10-test-4.html

At the same time the various thumbnails are created - backend, small, medium and large. In other words, this does not reduce the size of the files in reality.

Also, when I trash an item, it does not delete the image fields automatically. This again will keep increasing the website size. Hope this explains.

Cheers!
Kirti

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #73786 by ggppdk
Hello

However, if I set the resize option to very small in the original, then all the image thumbnails (small, medium and large)  take the size of the
original images during viewing.

I mentioned , in regards to have a suitable upper limit for the originals that
- improves upload times
- does not waste space by having too large dimensions
- but it is also large enough for having proper quality during thumbnail generation

about removing the originals completely,
currently there is no support for it since it will break thumbnail size / existence checks

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #73811 by kspoddar
Thanks George. Could you consider this as a feature request to remove the originals as these do not serve any use as the backend, small, medium and large thumbnails are saved also.

Also, how do I change the settings where the entire image folder is deleted once the item is trashed?

Thanks.

Cheers!
Kirti
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.708 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline