buttons apply, save & preview

More
10 years 6 months ago #40467 by babu65
Hello George,
I tried find the option to display the buttons at the bottom of the form but I have not found it.
Messing I managed to hide the tab "Basic" by overriding the file form.php as follows:
ROW 517
Code:
<!--<div class='fctabber fields_tabset' id='fcform_tabset_

However I have big problems to understand how to modify the form to my liking and override into Flexicontente. I would eliminate the word "Content Type: Caro estinto", insert the buttons also at bottom of page, hide the blue box of information, hide the field and its label "File esistente".
Unfortunately :( I do not have the appropriate knowledge and therefore I would be grateful if you tell me the right way about.
Have you a nice day
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #40468 by ggppdk
Hello

1. FLEXIcontent is for general usage for many different sites

2. FLEXIcontent is closely tightened to Joomla article system thus that is why some of these fields exist or are required, e.g. Hiding the basic tab which contains category selection will make the form to fail to save unless you have preselected some category in the menu properties

3. We have parameters to disable some of the features and shape the form, e.g. tags, e.g. use only 1 category (do not give users multi-categories permissions)

-- You are not supposed to modify the form directly unless you know you have good knowledge for PHP/programming, it is a complex form, you should rely on whatever is available via parameters

e.g. if you examine the form and have CSS knowledge you will see that you can hide first TAB using CSS only
Code:
#flexicontent ul.tabbernav > li:first-child { display: none !important; } #fcform_tabset_0_tab_0 { display: none; }

About the autopublish message you can set a custom text !! of your own !! so you don't need to tamper the form for this either
-- but if you really wish to use template override then find this code
Code:
// Autopublishing new item regardless of publish privilege, use a menu item specific // message if this is set, or notify user of autopublishing with a default message if ( $isnew && $this->params->get('autopublished') ) { $approval_msg = ... $approval_msg = ... $approval_msg = ... $approval_msg = ... } ...

and add
$approval_msg = '';
after the 4 $approval_msg = ...

but again you can avoid template override and set a custom message for autopublishing in menu parameters !!

Also helping you with such customizations is not possible due to our time restrictions (we can not provide this kind of customization support for free)

Remember some extensions do allow you to post bug-reports (not receive answers, you cannot post a bug report) unless you have bought a subscription

about buttons, just find the code that displays the buttons

and cut-paste at the end of the form,
makes some trials (undoing if you get it wrongly) and you will get it after a few tries, (e.g. button text to look is FLEXI_APPLY etc so it should be easy to locate the buttons block)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline