Pre-User: Can FlexiContent add data to a form submission?

More
10 years 6 months ago #41488 by JohnGalt
Hello ggppdk,

and thank you for your answer again. We would love to be able to display further content sometime in the future. Therefore I thought that a CCK would be better suited for us in the end.

So if I may summarize your statement so far: Currently FlexiContent is suited for the task itself by creating my own field type. In order to do that I need to be programming some php-code.

Kind regards,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #41489 by micker
you have some article in documentation for dev

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 6 months ago #41493 by ggppdk

JohnGalt wrote: Hello ggppdk,

and thank you for your answer again. We would love to be able to display further content sometime in the future. Therefore I thought that a CCK would be better suited for us in the end.

So if I may summarize your statement so far: Currently FlexiContent is suited for the task itself by creating my own field type. In order to do that I need to be programming some php-code.

Kind regards,
John

Yes

also, we liked the idea of executing custom PHP for field, so will be added in future version, also future version of FLEXIcontent will have installable configurations for FLEXIcontent so, e.g. for fields, etc (top of our list of features now)

so such a field would probably be "installable" (and will be of type text) without need to create/develop new field type

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #41503 by JohnGalt
Hello ggppdk,

so this has been a good sequence of questions and answers. For me as well.

I feel comfortable with your CCK and look forward to using it in the future.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
John

PS: I especially like the fact that most if not all questions in the forum have at least one answer. That is quite a difference to some extensions I have had a look at.

More
10 years 6 months ago #41517 by strgg
You can already do this without creating a new custom field.

1. create a text field for the 8digit-number.
2. set its style attribute to hidden in
the template override from

form.php

or add a class within flexicontent.

3. set its value via php in

form.php

Code:
value="<?php echo microtime();//use custom ?>"

4. include the value into the email sent to user

EDIT:
Sorry, Point3 seems not to work in flexicontent. Its here far more complicated and not accessible as other cck's from Joomla. You have to do it via Javascript for ex.
Code:
<script> document.getElementById("custom_field77_0").value = new Date().getTime();</script>
But this is dangerous because it could be altered by user. Serverside is needed even here to check uniqueness (and vulnerability if out-of-framework saving).

AT ggppdk: How can we access/differ the form value in form.php to be preset onload?
i see it to be called only prestructured like
Code:
echo $field->html;

More
10 years 6 months ago #41520 by ggppdk
Hello

exactly you must not rely on form posted value for critical data,

so you need to create the field value after the form is submitted

via FLEXIcontent field function:
onBeforeSaveField()

e.g. all important security data are checked after form is submitted in case the form was tampered,

categories access, create / edit privilege, etc, etc, also if you use the submit menu override, these are also checked after the form is submitted in case the user has tampered the form

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline