JCE Media Manager

More
3 years 9 months ago #79039 by krae
JCE Media Manager was created by krae
I'm wondering if it is possible to use the JCE media manager within Flexi image fields?

Joomla! 3.9.19
Flexi 3.3.5
JCE 2.8.12

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #79041 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic JCE Media Manager
Hello

v3.3.6 is out. It includes considerable work on the field

There will not be effort to use JCE media manager,
instead using + verifying proper working of J4 media manager is of much higher priority in short term future

v3.3.6 Improvements (originally were meant for v3.4 but ... they are now included in 3.3.6 ...)

- Revised the 2 inline JS galleries of image gallery field for better UX and better mobile support.
(Major revising of elastislide JS and complete revising of gallerific JS)
- Added option to image-gallery configuration to use srcset as min-width or as max-width limit (this can be configure per thumbnail size)

v3.3.6 Fixes

Important
- Fixed image-gallery field not setting real height and width of fields into the HTML Tag, causing image to be scaled to largest dimension. Thus image quality appeared to be inferior

Rarely occurring or rarely needed
- Fixed path for original image being wrong when trying to view original image in frontend
- Fixed form reloading after server-side validation error not reloading previously selected values for image-gallery field in all cases
- Fixed after item form reload due to server-side validation error (form not saved) thumbnail in image-gallery field do not display until form is finally saved

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
2 years 7 months ago #80704 by iamrobert
Replied by iamrobert on topic JCE Media Manager
I was looking for a way to handle SVG.

You can replace the default Joomla media manager with Quantum Manager:

www.norrnext.com/quantum-manager

It seems promising as I can now upload SVGs.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #80705 by iamrobert
However, it's not possible to save as SVG because a thumbnail isn't created from the Flexicontent image field.

So the SVG gets deleted on apply and reload:

I can upload and just type the file name seems the best solution as present.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by iamrobert.

More
2 years 7 months ago #80709 by micker
Replied by micker on topic JCE Media Manager
Svg isnt an image IS an XML to descibe image ... I didnt think WE Can create a thumbs

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #80712 by iamrobert
I guess Joomla 4 may be better at handling SVG. It's a standard part of my design now.

I added Joomla SVG to help:
github.com/nikosdion/joomlasvg

Quantum Manager allows me to view SVG:
www.norrnext.com/quantum-manager

If we upload SVG - then the logic would be to skip thumbnail creation. I also tried FLEXIcontent file manager but couldn't get that to work with SVG.

In our code, we add width/height for images in our lazyloading plugin and pull it from the SVG value.

Code:
     $url = Uri::getInstance()->toString();     function isSvg($url){                 if(strpos($url, ".svg") !== false || strpos($url, ".SVG") !== false){           return true;        }         return false;     }       if( !$this->isSvg($url) ){           $info = getimagesize ($image_path);         }elseif(!$this->isLocalhost()){           $info = $this->getSvgImageSize($image_path);         }     function getSvgImageSize( $image_path ){        if (file_exists($image_path)) {        $xmlDoc = new DOMDocument();        $xmlDoc->load($image_path);        $svgs = $xmlDoc->getElementsByTagName( "svg" );        foreach( $svgs as $svg )        {           $viewbox = $svg->getAttribute('viewBox');           if(!empty($viewbox)){           $viewbox = explode(" ", $viewbox);           $info[0] = $viewbox[2];           $info[1] = $viewbox[3];           return $info;           }         }        }     }

So, it's probably possible but after a few hours - I gave up and just typed the value:

and hope in Joomla4 it's resolved.

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by iamrobert.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.652 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline