Frontend Filtering for Featured items missing?

More
3 years 5 months ago #79485 by micker
i think you need to respect joomla native language convention if you doesn't want to wait a "correction"
1 category peer language with language assaociation

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #79526 by Espi87
Hallo again,

coming back to point one and two... I got rid of the search function and also got rid of the filter by featured items as i got no support for that.

I know it's bad to hear but i can't find any solution for the category translations bug. Using language tags in the category name itself is not an option as it makes problems in the article list of flexicontent.... so coming back to the bug: I don't understand why it shows ONLY the german translation but doesn't show the original english or any other translation. We use 9 languages.... All other filters working fine in all languages - but the "filter by category" has this error. I've created the english categories as usual (natively in flexicontent) and translated the names in falang as usual....
The categories will be translated everywhere but in this filter....

Please send me any code snippet and where to put it which should fix the problem - it could not be anything difficult (i think =)). I just have time until end of this year to finish the whole story.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Espi87.

More
3 years 4 months ago #79527 by ggppdk
Hello

All other filters working fine in all languages - but the "filter by category" has this error. I've created the english categories as usual (natively in flexicontent) and translated the names in falang as usual....
The categories will be translated everywhere but in this filter....

I think we can fix the categories not translated inside filter
and can give you updated version, without waiting for new release

Also when you said "error" above you mean the issue with categories titles not translated inside the filter, right ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 4 months ago #79538 by Espi87
Hello, sorry for late reply.

yes you are absolutely right - "error" means "the category language bug in the filter" =) Any solution would be great to receive until the end of the year. Doesn't matter if it's as an update version or pre-release. I think it is an absolutely neccessary feature that has multiple usages and gives a lot of advantages in structuring and filtering mass-contents.

Further please consider in the future to add a "new standard filter" which filters for featured items ;)
If so: then there is no need to add an extra field and access each article to adjust this field. Just click the star and it's a highlight/recommendation ;) Would be also a great feature. (For us personally - we mark "new and recommended articles" with the "featured marker").

Thank you for your support.

Best regards
espi

More
3 years 4 months ago #79544 by ggppdk
Hello

i ll fix the issue with the falang translation of category titles inside the filter,
it happens because these are cached ... but we can fix this by making a single query to category tree that will be caught be falang and translate the titles ....

about the featured filter, yes it will be nice to have , but it would take 2-3 hours of my time to add it and know i have my hand full with paid work, plus need to continue work
on J4 support and 2 other important features.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 2 months ago #79662 by Espi87
Happy new year Gg,

some news about the fix? Or you may have a workaround for me until the next official release?!

Best regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline