Frontend Filtering for Featured items missing?

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #79822 by ggppdk
Hello

i will add this feature on weekend, unless something urgent happens

but before i do the above
you will need on your part to recognized that this is a new feature
if the feature existed and it was broken then you can call it a bug

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #80383 by Espi87
Hallo,

still waiting for the correct weekend when you're fixing this feature bug =)
It's just 8 months ago when we started this discussion

Best regards

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #80384 by Espi87
Just as double confirmation. I'm not waiting for the feature to add to filter by marked articles. I'm only waiting that the categories beeing shown translated. As i show multiple categories including their headlines ("category folder names") and this has a caching problem i'm talking about the "bug". But anyway even if i would decide to show the not translated category headlines in english would be fine for me for all languages but it caches always the german translation in the category view headline and inside of the filter.  (Note: Main installed language is english! Not german - also standard language is english!) So this "bug" needs a fix definitely. You can also just having a look here: www.mmc-hardmetal.com/new-media-library - i opened it without login for the moment. Please not inside of the red headlines. Further of course the first Category Filter (some other filters are not translated yet but categories are).

Best regards and have a nice weekend
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Espi87. Reason: missed one information

More
2 years 9 months ago #80388 by ggppdk
Hello

are you using Falang to translate categories ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
2 years 7 months ago #80654 by Espi87
Hello,
Sorry for late reply - i gave up my hopes as you said you will do this at weekend almost one year ago.... and i was caring about all other topics i have.
Still yes - translation of the website (including categories) is via Falang.
And even with the latest version it is still not working - you can check it here
www.mmc-hardmetal.com/new-media-library

Best regards

More
1 year 7 months ago #82614 by Espi87
Almost two years and the bug of not translating categories is still there.... At the end it is a standard feature which is not working properly and nobody cares.. Anyway most of the people use flexicontent and joomla for single language websites :D hahaha wre

... Further the Filter for featured items is also not even "in development" (honestly it takes 2 hours of work...) - which initally was the idea of this thread. (We just added a featured items counter by our own which is fine for us)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline