Front end submission and editing not working

More
13 years 6 months ago #11037 by utekathy
Thank you souran, the code fix worked for me as well-now at least the articles submit. Now to the next problem....the categories do not appear in a drop down menu and thus articles are assigned all possible categories. And the tag line is blank. Any ideas anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #11038 by effrit
utekathy, if you (as admin) chose SOME categories within users can post, then, by default, users will post to all of this categories.
so try DO NOT select any category when you made link to content submitting page.
or try this mini hack:
flexicontent.org/forum/index.php ... =viewtopic

More
13 years 6 months ago #11049 by utekathy
thank you effrit.

i now have the radio buttons. and thanks for the advice on not choosing any category so they all appear. Now I just need to fix the tags.

More
13 years 6 months ago #11051 by effrit
in 208-209 string of form.php you have
Code:
<!-- <input type="CHECKBOX" name="cid[]" value="<?php echo $cid;?>" /> --> <input type="RADIO" name="cid[]" value="<?php echo $cid;?>" <?php if ($catcount==0) echo ' checked'; ?>/>

so uncomment firs string and comment second and you will have checkboxes. but then users can send articles to nowhere if not single box is checked...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline