joomfish not translate article title

More
12 years 5 months ago #20190 by ggppdk
I looked very quickly at the fix you suggest on the bug tracker, i am not sure that your fix will work properly with versioning.

Anyway thanks for bringing this issue back and providing info. When i find more time i will evaluate your fix, test and then commit and close the issue you opened.

Note that i have implemented full item translations for the FLEXIcontent items (not just item title and description but all fields), with automatic frontend selection , and also automatic google translations and saving in the backend, which i hope to include in v1.5.7

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20247 by klas
Perhaps something more must be done for versioning & edit - I tried to make handling of edit differently than view as view should display translated version while edit should be performed on original.

I tried to fix is as far as my limited knowledge of FC allows ( but I do try to learn :) Why is title & text information stored in both - com_content and fields anyway?.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20249 by klas
And great to hear about improvements!

More
12 years 5 months ago #20254 by ggppdk
About 'klas' solution. Your solution has 2 problems:
you always skip the usage of versioned data even if we don't have a joomfish translation, plus you don't check if the item language is different that the current frontend language.

But you were correct that the way to fix is to skip the versioned data not letting the overwrite the joomfish data.
You were also write about moving the creation of the maintext field before the versioned data assignment.

So i fixed this in an hopeful the most optimal way i could think, taking into account if item language is different than current frontend language and if the joomfish translation exists for each field and the translation is active.

I also fixed the loading of frontend edit form not to load the joomfish data but the original language data of the item.

Get a nightly build here:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline