sh404sef and FC 1.5.6 Beta 2

More
12 years 5 months ago #20930 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic sh404sef and FC 1.5.6 Beta 2
Please clarify something about the problem,

1. some items url do not contain the category alias in them? is this the problem?

2. From what you had said, i understood that the problem is that they link to category instead of the item. Is this the problem?

Please Go to FLEXIcontent global options and change the way the itemid chosen. Test does it make any difference?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #21032 by gcprnet
Yes, it's option 2:
In category view the links to all articles that are displayed on this page, point to the category itself and not to the article
it'not
Code:
/category_alias_name/article_alias_name/
it's just
Code:
/category_alias_name
I played with the sef-options in flexicontents' global settings (paramsdefault_menuitem_preference <- did you mean theese?) but none of these options made any difference.

It would be much easier if I just wouldn't use sh404sef but after our relaunch the urls of about 1500 articles will change and I need sh404sef to remap old urls to new ones via 301-redirects.

More
12 years 5 months ago #21034 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic sh404sef and FC 1.5.6 Beta 2

gcprnet wrote: It would be much easier if I just wouldn't use sh404sef but after our relaunch the urls of about 1500 articles will change and I need sh404sef to remap old urls to new ones via 301-redirects.

Why are you not using the .htaccess file for direct redirects or a component like ReDJ extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ction/7189 ? To install a component like sh404sef adds a lot of payload to large pages!

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
12 years 5 months ago #21035 by gcprnet
Rooney, I thought, the .htaccess might be the right place for some redirects but not for 1500 of them. But I'll definitely test ReDJ. Actually this seems to be exactly what I need :-) .
Thanks for the tip.

More
12 years 5 months ago #21038 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic sh404sef and FC 1.5.6 Beta 2

gcprnet wrote: Rooney, I thought, the .htaccess might be the right place for some redirects but not for 1500 of them.

I guess it's more a matter of .htaccess file size than number of redirects. It also depends on the server. I had a page on a hosted environment with around 500 redirects without any performance decrease. On the other hand the same hoster is using stand alone database servers and depending on which machine a database was located, I had huge performance problems.

Anyway, I try to use only those extensions I really, really need (security issues, updates, migration to later Joomla versions), and the first kind of components I dropped going from Joomla 1.0 to 1.5 years ago have been SEF components :-)

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
12 years 4 months ago #21108 by gcprnet
Indeed a good idea but somehow the way flexicontent constructs urls is not satisfying to me (no offense to the developers ;) ) I'd like to have clear urls like domain.com/category-alias/article-alias or domain.com/parent-category-alias ... icle-alias while categoy always is the main category the article belongs to (if it's in more than one category) but this does not seem to be possible (at least I have not found out how to accomplish this). If there is a way, could anyone who knows pleas explain this to me?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.711 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline