Advanced search module and component, doubt

More
10 years 5 months ago #42492 by jrodgar
Hi!

Quick question.

I´m using the mod_flexiadvsearch. When I enter there, I go to http://localhost/joomla/site_content/search. But how I configure the advanced options button?

I know, and have tested, that if you create a search component and link that one on the module custom item menu id, you have more options on the menu entry to configure the behaviour (including the advanced options button), but, there is a way to configure it globally?

It´s not a big deal, I use it the menu item way, just curious.

p.s: Wouldn´t be better that the default mode for the advanced options button would be disabled? after all, it does nothing if you don´t configure it on the menu entry, I´m correct?

Unless otherwise indicated:
Joomla 3.8.1
Flexicontent 3.2.1.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #42493 by ggppdk
Hello

1. FLEXIcontent search module has a parameter for activating a selected FC search menu and using it's configuration

2. even custom search links inside e.g. an article can have a configuration
- either with &Itemid=555
- or set a default menu item for search view configuration in the component settings / Content Display TAB / Search view
(this default menu item will also be used by your search module(s) if you do not set a menu item)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 5 months ago #42584 by jrodgar
Oh, I see, there is no direct "global config", but you can have a menu item default. That´ll work :) Thanks!

Unless otherwise indicated:
Joomla 3.8.1
Flexicontent 3.2.1.7

More
10 years 5 months ago #42831 by dmayak
Hello, I have similar question about search. There is no config in the search module itself, it is linked to the search menu item, so it should be just using the same settings as component does, but I see a difference in search resuts:
when I do a search on the component page, it adds &areas[]=flexicontent parameter to url and outputs fewer result, while searching with the module do not adds this and produces more results, some of which as I suppose is not a flexicontent items, as they do not have a $result->fc_item_id. Which is odd, as I have installed Flexicontent in the beginning of the development and all items are added througn Flexicontent. Posiibly I am missing something in configuration but don't have any idea what.

More
10 years 5 months ago #42855 by ggppdk
hello

indeed this
&areas[]=flexicontent

changes the behavior , it appears when you configure to hide the search areas in menu item configuration

workaround:
enable showing search areas in FLEXIcontent menu item

will be examining / fixing this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 5 months ago #42861 by dmayak
In my case I have needed to hide that additional results, because on the search results page I have used a $fcitems array to break search results to different tabs, and when additional results were present, this array was smaller than $this->results, and I was getting a number of undefined array index warnings, when search result have no corresponding $fcitems data. As a workaround, I have added
Code:
if ( ! @$result->fc_item_id ) continue;
condition from $fcitems creation to search resuts display loop too.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline