How can i add new articles

More
10 years 4 months ago #44222 by Dias
Replied by Dias on topic How can i add new articles

ggppdk wrote:

Dias wrote: Changing what you've said, the Article creation in backend has turned back to Joomla standard, not Flexicontent way to create articles. How can I have it back?

Fernando

Hello,
the change that i asked you to make was to be for testing and not permanently, you can reverse the change in the system plugin.

I could reverse if I could unset "exclude Super Admins from article redirection". But the solution was to set Public. This unset Admin and there's no problem because Public has no access to backend.

ggppdk wrote:

Dias wrote: I could create articles in Backend, but not in Frontend.

You did not mention this in your original post,

for frontend to be able to create content:
- EITHER create one or more FLEXIContent Submit menu items
- OR enable "Add new content" button in FLEXIcontent component settings inside the
Content Lists TAB
(you can disable this button inside the configuration of every category)

No, sorry, I forgot to mention that. But remember this version of FC was installed over the previous version. So, there are many menus, categories and articles already created. That option, "Add new content", is enabled, as was before the FC upgrade, and is enabled in all categories. But still it does not work. That button does not appear in Frontend, as appeared before the FC upgrade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #44245 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic How can i add new articles
Hello

if the button is enabled but it does not appear then your users do not have access to create items

check user belong to a user group that

- can create items for at least 1 content type (edit your content type and check the "Create Items" privilege)
- check that your user have create privilege in at least 1 category. Also edit your component settings and make sure you have not set "create" privilege to "Deny" because this will force create to deny for all categories
- check that your user does not belong to multi-user groups, if they belong then check if for any of them the deny (global or categories) is set

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 3 months ago #44308 by Dias
Replied by Dias on topic How can i add new articles
Thank you, ggppdk

But... I'm talking about administrator, not a regular user... He has access to everything, hasn't him?

Before upgrading FC he (me, as administrator) could add articles. After the upgrade the button disappeared.
An update: I've created a new fresh site with J 2.5 and Flexicontent v2.1.3_r1824, and the "Add" button is not there. Then downgraded to v2.1.2_r1806, and suddenly the button appeared. Then upgraded again to v2.1.3_r1824 and the button disappeared.

I'm talking about the "Add" button in Frontend to add an article inside a category, with Admin account.

Doesn't 2.1.3 version of FC allow the insertion of articles in Frontend? Or is there any new parameter to be set?

More
10 years 3 months ago #44336 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic How can i add new articles
Hello

i can verify that the add button is not displayed in latest version probably same issue as you describe

edit
components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.helper.php
find line:
Code:
if ( $view!='category' || $layout != 'author' ) return '';
and replace with:
Code:
if ( $view!='category' || $layout == 'author' ) return '';

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline