bug ( i think) with select multiple field

More
2 years 11 months ago #80062 by philippeg
hi,
will i have an answer or that's it ?
Thanks
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #80063 by ggppdk
Hello

i am not sure what you want me to say
i have explained this in my previous answer

Saving field
- changes field configuration,
- it does not tamper with field's saved values (item's field values)

there is no bug , this is the behavior we have ... instead of trying to do guess what is the old value and what is the new

e.g. you change some values and then some labels, and then flip some labels, and then you reorder some rows and then you delete some value row and then you ... save field configuration  ...
and then we do some magic with stored values and we mess things up

this will never be added in any way

---- > If we were to replace a field value this would be done as a new feature via a different interface at item's manager

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
2 years 11 months ago #80064 by philippeg
sorry i did'nt understood your previous response neither this one : i will try to rephrase to be sure we understand each other :
that you tell me is that i was dooing (first time i use this type of field so maybe ..) : change some value or delete one and recreate this one is something in the field that is not possible in the design ? Mean that is something goes wrong, the only way is to delete and recreate the field ? am i right ?

More
2 years 11 months ago #80065 by philippeg
I would add that I am not asking to create a new feature, I just want to understand .. I am not referring to any ongoing controversy .. I am not a developer and what is obvious to you is not necessarily obvious to me ..

More
2 years 11 months ago #80066 by micker
Yes because we arnt have enought relation between old and New value
You Can change label but not value
Change value in field doesnt change older selected value in item
Its not a bug it normal

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 years 11 months ago #80067 by philippeg
ok thanks now it's clear so if i read between line the only way is to manage the values of these fields is to use relation and relation-reverse fields ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline