Can the Field Navigation (Next/Previous Item) Pages be determined by another FLEXIContent Field? 06-28-2021

More
2 years 9 months ago #80408 by tazzarkin

Hello sorry think that flexi et support are free... Need waiting sometimes...
I sent your web site a message over a week ago.  I asked about your subscription and premium support.  No one answered me.

Please check your messages from a week ago, and you will see that I asked you.

You need to select thé good ordering in your screen not defaut

I am very sorry.  I do not know what "good order in your screen not defaut" means.

I think that maybe it is language communication problem.  I will try to guess what you mean.  Let me check and I will try to find the "good order in my screen".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #80409 by tazzarkin
I am very, very sorry.

Where is "good order on my screen" ? What screen are you talking about?

More
2 years 9 months ago #80413 by ggppdk
Hello

the ordering of the Next / Previous item can be determined by another field in some cases

e.g. you have a category, and you have configured the category to use a custom field for its ordering
then the Next and Previous Item should be using the ordering you have configured in the category

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
2 years 9 months ago #80414 by tazzarkin

Hello

the ordering of the Next / Previous item can be determined by another field in some cases

e.g. you have a category, and you have configured the category to use a custom field for its ordering
then the Next and Previous Item should be using the ordering you have configured in the category

Thank you for answering.

I edited the category and used my flexicontent custom field called "Song Rank" to order the data, but it Navigation is still using "ID" to order the data.  (You can see in the picture below.)

How can I fix this?

After changing the ordering to "Song Rank", Navigation is still using "ID" to order the data.  (You can see in the picture below).

How can I fix this?

I did everything you guys told me to do.  But Navigation is still using "ID" to sort the data.

How can I fix this?

Thank you so much.

More
2 years 9 months ago #80416 by tazzarkin
I erased the cache and it's working now!! The solution up above works.

Before I was editing the Menu Item ordering. But, after you told me to edit the Category ordering, then it solved the problem.

Thank you! Changing the Category Ordering with a FLEXIContent Custom Field changed the Navigation Ordering.

You fixed the problem. Thank you!

More
2 years 9 months ago #80421 by micker
thanks for return
see you later

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline