Problem with Select field as Master

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #82321 by bendeb
Hello,

I created 2 select fields : one for country and another one for cities.
In cities field parameters, I choose country field as master field.
It works good except one thing : if I choose a country (e.g. France), the select list of availables cities of this country is well displayed (e.g. Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille...).
So I decide to choose Paris.
But then, if I decide to change country by another one (e.g. Angleterre), the select list of cities is well reloaded with availables new cities, but it still display Paris.
The previous choice (Paris) are not cleared by default.

This problem doesn't occur with checkbox or radio field : when I choose a country, the available cities checkbox/radio and previous choice are well unchecked by default.

Is there a way to correct this ?

Thank for your answer.

Regards.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by bendeb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #82322 by micker
hello i tested i can't reproduce this problem
maybe check in console browser if you have a js problem
its in front or backend ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #82323 by bendeb
The problem occur in the form. Either in frontend or backend.

When I choose a country, the loading spinner icon of cities field is well displayed, but previous city choice of previous country is not cleared in the select list.
I can change the city with the newest ones (those of the new selected country) but it's inconvenient that previous selected city still display.

It's strange that you can't reproduce this problem.

En français, j'expliquerai peut-être mieux
Quand je choisis France, j'ai bien les villes de France qui me sont proposées dans le champ Ville. Pour l'exemple, je choisis Paris.
Mais si je souhaite changer d'avis (sans avoir quitté le formulaire) et que je choisis un autre pays (Angleterre), la liste déroulante des villes reste affichée sur Paris au lieu d'être réinitialisée. La nouvelle liste ne me propose que les villes d'Angleterre, ça c'est OK, mais le fait que Paris ne soit pas automatiquement effacé est assez gênant.
Ce problème n'est pas présent si je remplace le champ Ville par un champ checkbox ou radio. Je ne pense donc pas avoir un problème de javascript.

Merci pour ton aide.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by bendeb.

More
1 year 10 months ago #82324 by micker
je le redis, je viens de faire le test je n'ai pas ce soucis c'est pour cela qu'il faut voir si tu n'as pas d'erreur spécifique

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
1 year 10 months ago #82325 by bendeb
Je n'ai pourtant pas de problème dans la console du navigateur.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

More
1 year 10 months ago #82326 by micker
envoi moi un acces et une url que je regarde

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline