Admintools and phpthumb, what is right, what to do ??

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #83726 by Chabi01
Hi everybody,

I have a question and I can not be sure of what to do.
On Joomla 4, Flexicontent 4 and AdminTools to protect the site, I have generated an htaccess to protect the site.

Now, with the htaccess, I cannot see any thumbnails in the backend of the site as AdminTools rules refused this.
The dev of AdminTools already wrote about this : www.akeeba.com/support/admin-tools/11560...tion-attacksoff.html

EDIT : i know this post is very old, but As AdminTools still block phpthumb, the doubt is still here...

For sure, if I removed the htaccess, I can see again the thumbnails...
Ok, so If I add an exception, the site should be compromised ?
What to do with this then ? I would like (sure !) to see the images in the backend but Admin Tools Dev say "it is too much dangerous to do so"....

Maybe Georges know exactly the best thing to do ?
Xavier
EDIT2 : This is in fact the same thread as here : www.flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-su...niversal-module.html
BUT I can see today the problem is still the same : How to add the possibility to allow phpthumb to work in the htaccess without removing the common protection against injection...

EDIT3 : a subject already answer (found many thread on this !), but I 'm still stuck with the rule in Htaccess to allow the acces in backend without "opening the doors to everybody"...

Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Chabi01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #83727 by micker
if admintool block it you need to check this with admin tool that his rules ...
but i didn't see any hacking or security return on phpthumbs ...

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline