problem when searching

More
13 years 9 months ago #8488 by vizionz
Replied by vizionz on topic problem when searching
First off i love this component its the best component joomla community offers :) i have been able to do alot between this component and the aidanews module that works with this i think its called aida something like that. but anyway :)

i have had some problems with the rokbox and the component. mainly i want to be able to limit its search results.

i know with the default search
Code:
$where .= " AND catid IN(43,25)";
i was able to throw into the search plugin to only search them areas. and eveerything wwas working decent but then. all of a sudden i messed something up.

anyway i want to limit what is displayed in that search i just want to show one category from flexi.

i have a couple categories that are just extras that i pull into the one category with the aida module and keywords & tags. but when i enable the flexi search plugin its showing them categories as well. and thats not good. i need them to be excluded.

Basically heres the breakdown

flexi categories

- Artists
-Artist Headers
-Albums
-Album Latest

now all i need is to display the artists in the search. i want all the other sections not searchable

when the artist page is pulled
it grabs the artist header by tag throws it in a module position. and also grabs the albums from the albums category and displays them in a module position under discography. and lastest album is also called into a module position. all based on tags.

now i want to be able to search using rokbox and it show me just the artists from Artist category.

nothing more.

I have a link that is called artists. that link pulls the flexi category for the artists.

so results come out like
index.php/artists/item/211-bandname

i need them to be shown like that through the search engine.

so i search for the beatles. it shows me a link to the flexi category

Beatles( which links to below
index.php/artists/item/2091-beatles

now i had this working before and it wasnt showing the other categories at all. but now its showing everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8489 by vizionz
note now i got it so its showing the bios in the search engine through rokbox. but its still showing the other categories. if i can get it to only show the one category i will be set :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #8756 by vizionz
I really need to know how to disable categories from being searchable.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline