Errors when I try to install

More
14 years 4 months ago #1433 by Jenf
I downloaded the com_flexicontent_1.5_beta5a.zip and tried to install it. It won't install and it keeps coming up with errors. Here are the errors that I am getting:

* JFolder::files: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
* JFolder::folder: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
* JFolder::files: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
* Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

Am I installing the wrong version or is there something that I need to install first? Any help would be great. This looks like a really great extension that I have been searching high and low for so I hope that I can get this resolved and downloaded. Thanks for all the time you put into developing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1435 by vistamedia
Hi and welcome on board ;)
Could you try to unzip the component archive in you tmp directory and then process the install through the "install from directory method"?
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #2373 by Jenf
Replied by Jenf on topic Errors when I try to install
I have put the files in the tmp directory and when i create the path to it from the "install from directory" section it says Unable to find install package". I have tried every type of path I can think of and it still comes up with the same error. All of the files are unzipped and I still cannot seem to get it to upload. What is the correct way to map the path? What am I doing wrong?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2428 by mgruber
Hi,

I was getting the same errors when installing. Here is the correct 3 step process;

1)Unzip com_flexicontent_1.5_beta5a.zip

2)The component package has two levels of folders to contain the installation files;

\com_flexicontent_1.5_beta5a\com_flexicontent_1.5_beta5

Upload the second level folder (the one without the a suffix) to \tmp in your Joomla site, i.e.

upload folder \com_flexicontent_1.5_beta5\[install files]

to;

[website folder]\tmp

so you should end up with;

\tmp\com_flexicontent_1.5_beta5\[install files]

3) Then go to the Extension Manager and in the "Install from Directory" field enter;

/[true filepath of your server to the Joomla site folder - will be displayed by default]/[website folder - will be displayed by default]/tmp/com_flexicontent_1.5_beta5/

Then click install. You will then see;

Checkbox field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Checkbox Image field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Core and Autogenerated fields (Plugin) Installed successfully
Date field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Email field (Plugin) Installed successfully
File field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Image field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Radio field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Radio Image field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Select list field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Multiple select list field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Text field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Textarea field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Weblink field (Plugin) Installed successfully
Search plugin for FLEXIcontent (Plugin) Installed successfully
System plugin for FLEXIcontent (Plugin) Installed successfully

More
14 years 3 months ago #2433 by vistamedia
Thanks for the feedback. I think this is related to the archive software of my mac :(
Next time I build the pack on a PC.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #2750 by Jenf
Replied by Jenf on topic Errors when I try to install
Thank you for the help. I have installed it. Come to find out it wasn't auto filling in the first bit of file directory so that's why I was getting confused. It reappeared I don't know how. So it is installed.

HOWEVER, now that it is installed I tried to create a simple category and it gave me these errors.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/categories.php on line 146

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.categories.php on line 127

So I switched to the Add Item portion and there were these errors awaiting me. Any idea why?

Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 179

Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 182

Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 185

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 187

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 187

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #3 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 187

Warning: array_unique() [function.array-unique]: The argument should be an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 187

Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 179

Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 182

Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 185

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 187

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 187

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #3 is not an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 187

Warning: array_unique() [function.array-unique]: The argument should be an array in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php on line 187

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 344

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/amerstew/public_html/bkup/components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.categories.php on line 127

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline