problem with urls [create default menu item]

More
10 years 6 months ago #41311 by frstm
Hello

I have a problem with instalation and urls. I see this mesage:
Default menu item was not found or was unpublished.
The alias of this menu item is used in URLs when a more appropriate menu item cannot be found, thus you avoid having /component/com_flexicontent/ in your FLEXIcontent URLs
Click below to create a new one or set an appropriate default item id in global configuration.

what i must to do for this? Can you help me?

thank you

anymenw!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #41325 by ggppdk

frstm wrote: I have a problem with instalation and urls. I see this mesage:
Default menu item was not found or was unpublished.
The alias of this menu item is used in URLs when a more appropriate menu item cannot be found, thus you avoid having /component/com_flexicontent/ in your FLEXIcontent URLs
Click below to create a new one or set an appropriate default item id in global configuration.

1. There is a button at bottom right that you are suppose to click, so that this menu item will be updated,

does this button appear? , if it does not appear then please post a picture of what your screen displays

2. You can create a menu item of type "FLEXIcontent directory" that is (a) Public Access (b) has language "ALL" (c) is at top level (has no parent, this is optional but ...)
then at FLEXIcontent dashboard click "Configuration" to open component parameters and the at 1st TAB (Options) find default menu item parameter and select it ! and then save configuration

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #41518 by frstm
hello

i use j1.5.15 what vercion i must to install?
i install com_flexicontent_v1.5.6_RC9b_r1601
but is not work. I have problem with urls and when i press only one time Import Joomla structure it copy articles many times!

What i'm doing wrong?

Thank you

More
10 years 6 months ago #41522 by ggppdk
Hello

why have you installed this old version?

Please see here for latest version for J1.5

www.flexicontent.org/downloads/l ... rsion.html

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 6 months ago #41525 by frstm
hello
i use this vercion because the new vercion where i download can not install. i try all vercion from here code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list start from the newest vertion from the list and only com_flexicontent_v1.5.6_RC9b_r1601 can install in to my site.

I will try again the latest vercion FLEXIcontent CCK v2.1.1 r1793 for J1.5 but i think that no istall it again.
When i try to install i see this mesage: There was an error uploading this file to the server.

thank you

More
10 years 6 months ago #41527 by ggppdk
Hello

do not install this old version, it has bugs, and is slow in some cases, and has a couple of security problems

about error

your server is limitted,

in space or
in upload file size
or
in PHP script execution

See here:
Resolving failed installation, because of server limitations

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline