New Template Not Used

More
14 years 4 months ago #2154 by gnomeontherun
This is beta5a

I copied the default template, called it 'page' and a new folder in my templates appeared as I believe it should. Then I assigned the template to the category that will use it, and it saved correctly (checked the db as well). Problem is, when the page is rendered it won't pick up page, but rather goes to the default folder.

I put print($this->tmpl) to make sure at the top of default/items.php, and its always outputting .items.default

Of course that means only the default template is getting called. Ideas?

I also noticed that copying a template didn't copy the fields in the zones in the flexicontent_templates database table. Not sure if it should or not, but seems like it should.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2162 by vistamedia
Replied by vistamedia on topic New Template Not Used
Hi Jeremy,
When you assign the template to the category it will only affect the category views.
To assign it to the item views you must also assign it to the item type (for multiple items) or the items individually.
Why that? Because theoritically a category can aggregate different types of items.
See the end of this article: www.flexicontent.org/features/content-types.html
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 4 months ago #2279 by gnomeontherun
Replied by gnomeontherun on topic New Template Not Used
Thanks Emmanuel,

I'm looking through things, and that doesn't seem to be an option. I have 3 content types: Page, Article, Download. None of the content types allow me to change the settings, they are grayed out except for 'page' tab which has only two settings (top columns, bottom columns). I also cannot assign anything to an item specifically, the params are grayed out as well.

I am able to change the template at the category level, and it seems to pick up the template at the category level.

Thanks,
Jeremy

More
14 years 3 months ago #2418 by gnomeontherun
Replied by gnomeontherun on topic New Template Not Used
I found a work around, but I'm not exactly sure how the problem arose.

In the flexicontent_types table, the attribs by default when installing is

ilayout=default
hide_maintext=0
hide_html=0
maintext_label=
maintext_desc=
comments=
top_cols=two
bottom_cols=two

Now I was getting only

top_cols=two
bottom_cols=two

after I had adjusted my templates. Again, I'm not sure whats happening, but as soon as I copy the default template the params in the Type view are disabled. In a second setup to test this, I found that removing the new template also restored the ability to edit the params in the Type view.

Jeremy

More
14 years 2 months ago #4250 by 5to1
Replied by 5to1 on topic New Template Not Used
hey!

i just registered for this, so i hope someone finds this useful...

i've had some troubles getting category templates to work. whenever i create template, the item view is working as espected, but i wasn't able to get category view to render. all i got was the default template for ALL the category views.

so i came here for solution, and wasn't able to find one. which doesn't mean that there isn't one already, i just didn't find it. so what i did was checked database, and for jos_category table there wasn't any mention about category template
Code:
clayout=[THIS WAS EMPTY] comments= show_print_icon=1 show_email_icon=1 language=fi-FI show_cat_title=1 ...

i just edited that clayout parameter to reflect the template that i wanted to use.

probably there is an backend configuration for this, so my question is where is it?

cheers,

j

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline