FLEXIaccess - enable Item-to-User level of control?

More
14 years 4 months ago #1799 by kenmcd
I took a closer look at the Author Link plugin and I think it could be modified to work with FLEXIcontent.
Someone knowledgeable in PHP could do it rather quickly.

It has an option to automatically create the Author article page. If this new author page is a new FLEXIcontent content type which lists the author's articles, this would be fully automated.

The Author Link plugin configuration allows to you to select the section/category where to create the new author pages. Modify this to just select the new FLEXIcontent "Authors" category and it should work.

I need a similar feature to link Users to Items, so I will be looking at this further myself.
My ToDo list is rather long. Perhaps next week.

It may be possible to do this entirely within FLEXIcontent. Have to keep playing/testing/learning.

This is a feature which will have many uses for many FLEXIcontent users, so this discussion will need to continue . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1807 by unleash.it
Maybe so, but the choices are link to a contact page (not very helpful here) or link to a static article. I guess adding a 3rd option to a dynamic page would be a faster start than doing it from scratch, so I'll look at it too. Where I think it gets a little more difficult is if you need to consider "author alias". (I'm not sure if I need it for this site, but someone else might).

For my purposes, I didn't mention this but in some cases I need more than one author associated with each item (one content type is book reviews, so there is a separate author (who wrote the book) from reviewer, which are both separate from the "article/item" author). So I might need to look at a way to get a custom text field to be a link that basically spits out a list view of the aggregated data from that text field (in this case the different authors). Being close to Christmas I'm a little distracted ATM, but I'll be tinkering hopefully over the weekend an will report back with any findings... If I can do it great, otherwise I may have to use other extensions or even hire a programmer.

Emmanuel, is this latter wish going to come in a way with the improved searching/filtering you have on the road map?

Happy Holidays everyone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline