It would be pretty cool if the Tag Cloud could be something

More
14 years 4 months ago #1998 by unleash.it
You might want to see www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic . I also had problems (my demo site is still up to take a look) when SEF is enabled.

My best guess is that the issues have to do with having a normal com_content article on the page... but I dunno for sure. For me it works fine on flexi-item pages.

BTY, if Joomla crashes no need to reinstall everything. Just go into your phpMyAdmin, jos_plugins, and put a "0" for "published" for the flexicontent system plug in (maybe the user too). You should then be able to go into the backend and uninstall the module normally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2003 by orchid1
Thanks for the tip on uninstalling the component. Not sure why it crashed at all. My subdomains got rocked too. It was weird because the whole thing happened at the same time my server had a hiccup and all the sites on the server were also down.
Got everything back to normal but without the component. In the future I am going to be more careful on installing these by going through my test site first.

By the way, Nice Job on the template for your demo site.
I like it.

As for the tag cloud still trying to get it working. Ill post back when I have it figured out completely.

Would like to have this tag cloud available. Also I willpost back on the error I am getting regarding the tags in the regular articles

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 4 months ago #2040 by orchid1
Yep, this "Tag Cloud" module as well as the regular "Tags" feature does not work with SEF URL's. Tried this out on two test sites. Turned SEO ON and OFF and the results were that both features did not work when SEO was ON.
My conclusion:
Wished SEO was not necessary so I could use these two features on my sites. :cry:

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 4 months ago #2062 by orchid1
Okay I don't know how it started to work but it works on every page except the front page default articles.
I discovered that the URL's appear different 'on the frontpage a link to the a tag will look like this
www.mywebsite/JoomlaFolder/component/tags/tag/1-tagName

and when I click on it I get this error
Code:
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home2/sativaon/public_html/Website/libraries/joomla/application/router.php on line 218 Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home2/sativaon/public_html/Website/libraries/joomla/application/router.php on line 140

however on all the other pages the URL's will look like this www.myWebsite/JoomlaFolder/MyCategoryName/tag/3-tagName

curious not sure how to fix it or what i am going wrong
For now I am using this on every other page except the default "Home" page but I'de really like to get this working on all the pages.
Can anyone help or does anyone have any ideas??

More
14 years 4 months ago #2065 by unleash.it
I've gone back and forth on this, but I'm pretty certain there's a bug in routing.

I think the only fix for now would be to have any pages with the tag module not use com_content. If you change your "home" menu link to a flexi item or blog, that outta fix it for you.

Yes, your problem is the same as mine... and I've had it on both Dreamhost and my local server. It has to do with the word "tags" being added to the url. Take it out, problem goes away. I wish I understood how the urls were constructed better, because I've been trying to get some 3rd party extensions to produce Flexi urls. But he's got some complicated functions going on (for me anyway)...

Thanks for the compliments on the template... but I should come clean and give the credit to Yootheme. 8-)

More
14 years 4 months ago #2071 by orchid1

If you change your "home" menu link to a flexi item or blog, that outta fix it for you.

I tried changing my "Home" menu Item link to a "Single Flexicontent Item" but the issue persists.
Did you get it to work on your site by changing the link type to a single item??
I can't get it to work on mine.

You are right about removing "tags" from the URL, it works. I gave it a try and removed it from the URL after I got the error and sure enough I hit the right page.

Thanks for your help. But can you tell me if I understood you correctly. "change the default menu item link to a flexicontent single Item link".

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline