Extra Vote Plugin Not Working with Flexi Content.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35719 by boniaditya
Yes i found this in the core fields. I can copy it and use it between other fields and apply extra vote features. I am ok with that but what i have been trying to ask you is how to use this field or call this field inside another field with the extra vote plugin you can do this {extravote 1} {extravote 2} and each time you do this a new instance of the voting can be put anywhere. I want to know if i can do the same with the fcvoting field. How do i use the fcvoting field inside the text area or the text select. Is there an embed code???

on an entirely different note it would be awesome to have the ability to call various core fields with embed codes into joomla fields. That way it would give the ability to have a present core fields in any field we want. I know that just speaking whatever comes to your mind is easy and implementing it is damn difficult but i just think over the idea(though it might be ridiculous!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35728 by ggppdk
Hello,
you can use it, the way you use any other FLEXIcontent field, you place in a FLEXIcontent template position

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35734 by boniaditya
I agree you can place it in a template but not inside a field! You are unable to get what i am trying to convey
I will make this clear with an example
for example:

Let's say i write a few quotes and want users to rate each of them. Then i would create a text area field
as follows

//Textarea field begin
"The first quote" - by author one
{extravote 1}

"The second quote" - by author two
{extravote 2}

"The third quote" - by author three
{extravote 3}
//Textarea field end

So if i were to use the FCvoting field i can only do this:

FCVOITNG FIELD
//textarea field begin
.//I cannot place fcvoting inside this field
//textarea field end
FCVOTING FIELD

I can place the voting field either at the beginning or at the end of other fields but not inside the field. I think you understand this!

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35735 by ggppdk
Hello,
- FLEXIcontent Field display replacement is implemented via a system plugin,
but not 100% tested, it will be available in about 2 months maybe earlier, you cannot use this now.

If you really need this then patch extravote plugin and use that one, nevertheless i recommend that you wait and place the FLEXIcontent voting plugin in a field position

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35740 by boniaditya
So you mean to say that you are going to implement - pushing one field content inside another in the later versions of the plugin by this statement.

"FLEXIcontent Field display replacement"

Yes i will wait, kind of used to flexi content. not leaving anytime soon.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35741 by ggppdk
Hello,
-- i meant that this is already implemented in our FLEXIcontent system plugin and helper files, but it is there disabled ! (and it allows field replacements in custom text of ANY FLEXIcontent field not just the voting field)

-- It is partially tested, we need to resolve some issues first: doing the replacement in a system plugin prevents the addition of field's JS/CSS, so fields that need CSS/JS do not work

-- I think solution is to move code to a new content plugin,
this way the existing code will work without modification.

-- Probably, we will release this plugin separately from the CORE component. Maybe create a BETA section in our site of new plugins.

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline