AllNews Module - FLEXIcontent support! (v 2.5.5)

More
14 years 1 month ago #4206 by bsky92
I may have some time to help you for the translation, micker :)
at least, i'll find it
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 month ago #4207 by micker
his here
thanks
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php...t=889&start=10#p4178 ">viewtopic.php?f=33&t=889&start=10#p4178

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
More
14 years 1 month ago #4208 by Olinad
If you could please translate the en-GB.mod_allnews.ini file in the module's package, rename it as fr-FR.mod_allnews.ini and then attach it to a post, it would be much easier for me to implement it :) Please wait for v 2.2.2 coming later today to do this, as I changed a couple of translation, and I'm going to order the files a bit so some strings could be a bit different.

About the Date Field, I'll look into it today but it shouldn't be that hard :)
More
14 years 1 month ago #4211 by status101
Hi Olinad,

With micker's post about the date field.. ( and this is just an idea.. )

What about having the option in the module config to allow the user to pull through and display, say - up to 5 FC fields & possibly their labels (Define by Field Name)

The idea came from the fact that I was thinking about using AllNews as an "Upcoming Events" display ( I did see that in your order options), but I would like to display a few other fields such as "Event Date", "Cost", "Venue" etc. Obviously I can do this in a category view but to do it in a module would be great.

If the user could define the fields ( have an on/off switch for each one ) then it would make the module VERY flexible. Of course the user would need to understand how to edit the bottom of the /tmpl/default.php to format the output as they wanted it, but that part of the code is not too hard to understand.

Anyway, just a thought.

With the "Dynamic Menu" stuff I was talking about.. once I have what I am using now working on a live site, I will PM you a login so you can have a look and get an better idea, but what I am using at the moment is: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...rticles-listing/7314

One other thing I have noticed that I thought worth mentioning..

AllNews seems to be dropping SEF. What I have noticed is that when I view a link created by AllNews, the displayed link on hover is for eg. /flexicontent/7/30.htmlwhich seems to be using the com_content section and category to form the link.

When I click through on the link, I get: /index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=7&id=30&Itemid=2 .. which is obviously with no SEF at all..

If I navigate to the item through the FlexiContent category page, or from a menu link, I get: /best-practice-articles/item/30-future-of-the-cam-role.html , which is the correct SEF URL ( even if it does have the annoying number in it : )

I am not sure if there is anything that can be done to get the SEF working, and it will not stop me using the module but I thought I would mention it.

Many thanks again for all your work.
More
14 years 1 month ago #4212 by Olinad
I actually know nothing about the link creation part, as It wasn't me that started writing the module and having no knowledge about it I preferred leaving it as it was. I noticed the issue, though, but I think I'll leave it this way until I have added some features I'm really looking forward to :D

One of these is the FLEXIcontent field support. I actually understood how to do it, and I think I'd be able to code it in a couple of hours, but first of all I want to make the code shorter and faster, then give users the possibility to change the output right from the backend of the module. mod_globalnews had a nice way of doing it, but it was limited by the fact that some html tags didn't work if written in the module's form. I think I'll try it the junewsultra way (I dunno if you've ever tried it), with various template files that can be selected through a menu. This would allow me to include a lot of stylings and keep the code quick to load... So I think I'll look into that to make smth similar. The main flaw f the module I mentioned is that the default template files are really poor, but I'll try to avoid that :D

...does the "Tableless Output" possibility suit your needs? :)
More
14 years 1 month ago #4213 by status101
Hi again,

Yep, the tableless output is great. I am playing with the way things display now.. and it does make things easier.. I am having a couple of float issues but I think thats more my skill level :) I've never looked at junewsultra, but I will.. Update safe templating was something I was also going to mention :) but thought it would be down the list a little.

Just another thing that I have notice.. that might be important down the track.. I tried to copying the module and displaying it twice on one page and I get an error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare affichage_intro() (previously declared in /home/channele/public_html/modules/mod_allnews/tmpl/default.php:15) in /home/channele/public_html/modules/mod_allnews/tmpl/default.php on line 34

Again, not knowing much about all the 'top' code, I've got no idea what could be done about it, but if you add more feature and it become more useful I can see people wanting to to use is at least twice on a page..
News, Latest Articles, Events, etc etc..
Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline