AiDaNews Module! (supports FLEXIcontent) {v. 1.1}

More
13 years 7 months ago #10039 by TheSoMeEx
I've been having a problem when choosing the "Ordring by" date as "published_up."

For some reason, when I choose this, there is still another date (modified?) that overrides the published_up date.

Any ideas?

This is very important to my sites and display.

*smiles*

Thank you.

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10040 by vlester
Did you select order by "Newer to Older(FLEXI Date)" ?
Then choose the "publish up" date as the Flexi Date

More
13 years 7 months ago #10041 by vlester

micker wrote: hello with this version is possible to select a date field for starting event ?
Thanks for all

you can even choose several dates if your event takes place on different days.
In the example below, the field n°1 to n°12 are date fields from different types and different categories and I want to display all the events of today :
Code:
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Paris'); $hier = strftime('%Y-%m-%d', strtotime('yesterday')); $demain = strftime('%Y-%m-%d', strtotime('tomorrow')); // Today events }elseif ($order == '2') { $flexidateordering = "\n LEFT JOIN #__flexicontent_fields_item_relations AS fd ON a.id = fd.item_id"; $condition_avenir = "\n AND (fd.field_id= '$field_1_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_2_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_3_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_4_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_5_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_6_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_7_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_8_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_9_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_10_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_11_id' OR fd.field_id= '$field_12_id')"; $condition_avenir .= "\n AND STR_TO_DATE(fd.value,'%Y-%m-%d ') > '$hier' " ; $condition_avenir .= "\n AND STR_TO_DATE(fd.value,'%Y-%m-%d') < '$demain' " ; $ordering = " STR_TO_DATE(fd.value,'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S') ASC";
An of ocurse modify the xml file to customize the order choice
Code:
<option value="2">TODAY EVENTS</option>

More
13 years 7 months ago #10199 by TheSoMeEx

vlester wrote: Did you select order by "Newer to Older(FLEXI Date)" ?
Then choose the "publish up" date as the Flexi Date

Yes. Modified date still overrides.

It seems to happen in FLEXIcontent as well. If I wanted modified date to play a part in order, I would think that would be a choice, not default.

VERY frustrating.

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

More
13 years 7 months ago #10200 by micker
thanks !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 7 months ago #10262 by iLLeT
hi,

I want to use this module for related news. I made it load in a template at the bottom of an article using extension modules anywhere. With Joomla's core sef on, images do now show. This is the structure of the URL:
http://localhost/.../articles/general/i ... 162010.jpg

Why join the Navy? when you can be a pirate.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline