AiDaNews Module! (supports FLEXIcontent) {v. 1.1}

More
13 years 6 months ago #11036 by piperchick
Hi,

I am using this awesome module with great success on my site, but I have hit a snag when I try to publish it in a side position. The module position is not collapsed if there is nothing to publish in AiDa.

Empty module to the far right (if no criteria matches, I want it to collapse):

[attachment=0:25seze4j]<!-- ia0 -->Clip_21.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:25seze4j]

This is a shot with the module:

[attachment=1:25seze4j]<!-- ia1 -->Clip_20.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:25seze4j]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lovin' FLEXIcontent at deadcanadians.ca
Dead Canadians: where are they now?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #11144 by tembargo

tembargo wrote: I have some articles in Japanese.
In the list view, only the title of japanese articles are display and not the content.

"On est jamais mieux servi que par soi-même ^_^"
So in the file "modules/mod_aidanews/helper.php", in function text_adapt(), comment line 46 :
Code:
$intro = substr($intro, 0, $cut); //$intro = substr($intro, 0, strrpos($intro," ")); $intro .= $ending;
strrpos($intro," ") looks for the last space in $intro. But in Japanese, you don't have any spaces..
So comment that line, and it is fine :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #11147 by grabit
Hi,

Joomfish and aidanews works perfectly in automatic mode In all pages except on the frontpage where I can see articles from both languages. I suppose it comes because of the URL ( www.domain.com ) with no ref of the language.

The rest of the page is displayed in the right language. The problem is only present in this module.

Has somebody a solution?

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

More
13 years 6 months ago #11155 by tembargo

grabit wrote: Hi, Joomfish and aidanews works perfectly in automatic mode

Sorry I don't have any ideas about your problem yet (But I will need to use that feature soon, so I will tell you what's happening for me :) ).
But I wanted to know, do you see the name of your categories translated when you change of language ? (In your module aida only, because when I click on it, in Flexicontent view, I have no problem the category is translated)

Edit: I've checked the code
In default.php
Code:
//Get Item Category $query = 'SELECT title FROM #__categories WHERE id = ' . $row->catid; $db->setQuery($query); $showcat = $db->loadResult();
In helper.php
Code:
//Category function OutputCategory($uselang, $catprefix, $showcat, $css) { if ($uselang == 1) { $pr = JText::_('F_CATHPREFIX'); }else{ $pr = $catprefix; } $outputcategory = '<span style="' . $css . '">' . $pr . ' ' . $showcat . '</span> '; return $outputcategory; }
I have no idea how Joom!fish works but it seems that the title of the category "$showcat" is displayed directly. And the eventual translation in Joom!fish is not used.

So I'm gonna add some code to look into the table #__jf_content.

More
13 years 6 months ago #11157 by tembargo
So! Now I know how Joomfish works ^_^
And to fix the bug of categories's name, you just need to make your query compatible with Joomfish. www.joomfish.net/en/documentatio ... nstruction .
For our bug => the id of the table was missing.

So in default.php, around line 1160. Change the query
Code:
$query = 'SELECT title FROM #__categories WHERE id = ' . $row->catid;
in
Code:
$query = 'SELECT title, id FROM #__categories WHERE id = ' . $row->catid;

Now it works ;)

Grabit, I see the same bug than you on frontpage. I need to select a language in the languages selection module to see my articles filtred.
With a default language it doesn't work.
So I'm going to work on it asap.

More
13 years 6 months ago #11329 by tembargo
For me, related articles by tags doesn't work. And you ?

FLEXI Related Articles : (options) If I select..
No => It displays all my articles, so it's ok.
Metakeys => I don't work with that.
TAGs => If I select that one, the module is no more displayed.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline