What about a wiki?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2646 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic What about a wiki?
Hi Emmanuel,

I am not a fan of Wikis (for a variety of reasons) so I would also prefer regular content pages.

With FLEXIaccess I imagine it would be fairly easy for you to set-up authors and editors for documentation pages (when you find the time!).

To everyone ...

The documentation project I am working on should not be and hopefully will not be the only documentation available.
Other people already know things about FLEXIcontent that I do not know, and may explain things in a different way than I do.
I like reading and watching the other stuff too.
Keep in mind that I too am a FLEXIcontent beginner and there is still lots of stuff that is simply not documented anywhere yet.

For example, my documentation project still has gaping holes in the templates section so I am looking forward to the new templates documentation which has been discussed.
There are lots of templates questions still to be answered which I know from supporting SOBI2 for a couple years. Some of the same questions are already surfacing here and luckily I know many of the other same questions which are going to surface, so those can be anticipated in the documentation.

My most important documentation skill is the ability to explain things in an easy-to-understand manner. But to do that I first need to fully understand it myself - really well.

So I hope everyone will contribute when the new documentation section is accessible.
Until then our best resource is your tutorials, forum posts, HowTo guides, etc., etc., etc.

Best regards,

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12258 by tastymouse
Replied by tastymouse on topic What about a wiki?
Hi Ken,

Is your documentation available somewhere?

Regards, Tom

More
13 years 4 months ago #12261 by tastymouse
Replied by tastymouse on topic What about a wiki?
And another question: any news on documentation? It would be useful to have a place where we can find and contribute documentation. I'm an absolute beginner in FlexiContent, but don't mind making notes of things I find out during my first steps :) .

More
13 years 4 months ago #12268 by micker
Replied by micker on topic What about a wiki?
search on tips or tuc et astuce forum !
some doc is in orad .. be patient

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 4 months ago #12274 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic What about a wiki?

tastymouse wrote: Hi Ken,

Is your documentation available somewhere?

Regards, Tom

No.
I worked on the FLEXIcontent documentation project a lot for about 3-4 months, but then when FLEXIcontent development stalled I set it aside. My thoughts were if the project is dead no need to waste many, many hours on a documentation project.
Currently as it sits it has over 300 topics and 115 images (screenshots).
Both of those measures would probably have to double to finish it properly.

I add to it from time to time as it is still my personal documentation repository.
Makes it easier to find stuff again when it is all in one place that can be searched.
But it is not in any kind of condition to be published for others to use.

If the project becomes active again, and it adds and/or fixes the features which meet my needs,
I may finish the documentation project.
We'll see . . .

Regards,

Ken

More
13 years 4 months ago #12611 by pcpros2go
Replied by pcpros2go on topic What about a wiki?
I think a Wiki might be a good idea for docs and tutorials to go into. But would definitely want a repository for plugins and modules made by contributors.

PC Pros 2 Go
Computer Repair - Web Design - Hosting

And occasionally I hack up some Joomla code.
www.pcpros2go.com

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline