Using extra field to activate/disactivate items

More
11 years 5 months ago #30723 by ggppdk
You can use Falang with FLEXIcontent categories , fields , file titles,

but we do not recommend using it for items

-- if you use it for items too (aka you do not create multiple items but only one item and then create item translations via Falang),
then note that Falang will only translate title, description , alias , meta (meaning only core fields and not custom fields)

Also read this:
How To Translate you content in v1.5.6+ / v2.0+

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30729 by Neow85
Thanks for the link, I didn't find it, and for your quick support !

If I use a plugin for translation, I think I will try Joomfish 2.5 rather than FaLang, it seems a lot better and it follows Joomla native multilingual.

More
11 years 4 months ago #30979 by Neow85
Hello,

I tried to follow your tuto to manage items translation, but I can't find neither the "direct translation module" nor the "Item TRANSLATE Task in items manager TAB". Did I miss something ?

More
11 years 4 months ago #30980 by Rooney
You have to enable Translation Groups in FC global setting!

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 4 months ago #30984 by Neow85
Thanks !

One question again. I suppose I have my 10 languages. I can copy an item 10 times but only choose one language per copy. Do you know if it is possible to make 10 copies, one by language, with the same form ? The idea would be to replace radio buttons by checkboxes.

I am very fresh to Joomla so I can't see how complex it is.

More
11 years 4 months ago #30985 by Rooney
No, this is not possible at the moment. There are some discussions about improvements in the language handling like cloning article and category structures including the category assignments but I do know the status of this improvements.

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline