FLEXIContent - v2.0.0 - final for J2.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 7 months ago #19563 by ggppdk
Sorry no time for FLEXIcontent development, till Thursday or Friday.

I must make a living too ...

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 7 months ago #19705 by lukass2000
Hi!

Is there already something new until there is a new beta 2.0?

THANK YOU :D :D :D
More
12 years 7 months ago #19712 by ggppdk
Several bugs were fixed since last version and added some new features like a new template 'faq' and the Universal FLEXIcontent module (which has a couple of more possibilities and better grouping of the parameters)

Also some changes to the advanced search feature too (this feature was implemented by enjoyman but since his english is not so good :D , i tried to reorganize things to be more user friendly). Also for advance search feature i have added support for some fields, and fixed some small bugs. But it still needs some more work.

I will make some tests and upload a new version with a changelog too, hopefully today.

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
More
12 years 7 months ago #19719 by ggppdk
You can download beta4 of FLEXIcontent v2.0 r934:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list

Changelog:

MODULES:
+ Added the FLEXIcontent Tag Cloud Module
+ Added the Universal Content Module to FLEXIcontent v2.0
The module Has a new parameter slider with Global module Display parameters, and the old slider with display parameters was renamed Items List Display parameters and was added a few new stuff

PLUGINS (fields):
IMAGE FIELD:
^ Changed: Characterized Title and Description options as used for Tooltips
+ Added: New 2 option "Show Title" and "Show Description" to display them after image thubmnail

RELATED ITEMS FIELD:
updated it, to match the new enhancements done for v1.5.6
(many are ideas of select flexicontent items field)
(a) + Added: 2 Scopes (category and type), ability for subcategories for category scope
(b) + Added: more editing options including: Ordering and a Filter mechanism based on filterlist.js
(c) ^ Change: Clean up the layout of the parameters
(d) + Enhanced to use publish up and down dates of items
(e) ...

TOOLBAR FIELD:
# Fixed to properly send url of current item from email form

TEMPLATES:
# Some small Fixes/changes/additions for default and blog templates and for universal module templates
+ Added field positions to the item Layout of the blog template.
+ Added ability to use of readonly positions in template xml files by means of a new property: readonly="true"
+ !!! Added a new template called 'faq' !!!
+ Added a new option to display total count in category layout for all templates (default, blog, faq)

ADVANCED SEARCH FEATURE:
^ Changed (appearance) : Reorganized and cleaned up MENU ITEM parameters for advanced search view.
^ Changed (appearance) : Major restructing of the search form so it is more clear to the user
^ Changed (speed): Now the Advanced search index is searched in -- one -- step per field TYPE
^ Changed (speed): The (precaluclated) indexing process of field data by using e.g 50 items per AJAX call, (Indexer needs to be updated only AFTER a field is marked as advanced searchable)
# !!! Disabled searching field raw values (temporarily) only Advanced Search Index DATA is searched now
# Fixed : Field Data Indexing to work properly with versioning
# Fixed : Field Data Indexing to work properly with version approval
+ Added : support for tags and some core fields (DO NOT enable for title/description these are already used)

FIXED FRONTEND/BACKEND ITEM EDITING:
(a) core fields are now correctly loaded when versioning is disabled (the item edit form was erroneously loading the last version of core fields)
(b) properly detect id of item in all cases
(c) properly detect checked-in item (already edited by other author) and display message
(d) load tags of latest version and not last approved one.
(e) cannot edit item in frontend if not Super-user

PARAMETERS, ACCESS RIGHTS, OTHER
# Fixed item access parameters not properly merged for item view (frontend)
^ Changed layout of category edit form (backend) not to use table for template parameters, thus now displaying more nice and compact
# Fixed/enhanced backend configuration field ELEMENTs (parameters), seperator, flexicategories, types, fcmethod. These elements can be used by plugins
# Fixed access right check for category and item view (frontend) (thanks to theother...)
+ Added check if jcomments install in universal module for 'Most Commented' ordering
# Fixed menu item to flexicontent category not activated when an item belonging to the category is clicked.

CHANGES FOR COMPATIBILITY:
(a) changed global option default value for choosing menu item to prefer current before default fallback menu item
(b) changed installation script to clear postinstall session variables and all flexicontent caching groups, so that no logout-login and cache clearing is needed after installation

More
12 years 6 months ago #19779 by pshoeg
Thanks for the update.

I can't make searching work with FlexiContent's search modules. I get 0 results no matter how I try to set it up.
More
12 years 6 months ago #19791 by ggppdk
Have not test the search module yet and enjoyman, author of advanced search feature is unavailable due to floods (yes yes water ...).

So will test/fix in weekend or next week, sorry this feature is very new and i don't have the one or two evening i need to finish up what i have in mind.

All other features are stable with only a few bugs, like:
-- in category view the per page is not working
-- in frontend the items are not saved properly if you disable versioning

Also, recently, i made the interface of advanced search feature a lot more user friendly and improved speed and added support for core fields including tags, but i need to do more.

Plus to test it more and fix a few bugs. Please use this feature only for testing !!!

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline