Contact manager

More
12 years 6 months ago #19938 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Contact manager
The integration of users(authors) with FLEXIcontent is already done for v1.5.6 for J1.5, because we want to have author like view aka "author items" and "my items"

But about contact information, we only display the contact info now.

Also, i don't think you need to use the standard contact since v1.5.6 has an option to assign any item to any user (=possible author) as his/her description.

Thus you can create a new types e.g called 'authorcontact' and 'usercontact' and assign any FLEXIcontent field to these types.

This way you would have something a lot more powerful presentation of any user (authors or not) than standard contact. Would that not be sufficient?

(I will create an new menu options to display these items (=description) specifically, since now they are displayed only when you view the authors items)

This will not implemented for v2.0, but for v2.1 or later.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19953 by pshoeg
Replied by pshoeg on topic Contact manager
I'm not sure — I need to be able to make a page that includes all the users in a certain category, even though some of them might also belong to another category.

It might just be because I really don't know how to use FlexiContent fields — would I be able to achieve the above with them?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19956 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Contact manager
an idea
1 create an author type
2 create your template
3 create a categorie author
4 create 1 item for one author
load your categorie
it's done

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 6 months ago #19961 by pshoeg
If I understand this correctly, each author have to have a minimum of 1 item assigned to them. Then I guess my next problem is — we have more than 1,000 users, and it would flood the item list — can I go around that?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19966 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Contact manager
You want to create a list of all authors(=users) that have at least one item in a specific category, right?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #19993 by pshoeg
Actually, I don't need them to have an item. Some users won't even have access to create new items.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.637 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline