No thumbs in category view of blog template

More
12 years 3 months ago #22238 by inspireddevelopment
Hello, really enjoying using Flexicontent after an awful week pulling ContentBuilder apart for what appears to be an excercise in wasting time - i've now moved over to Flexi and all is going well except I have run accross a small bug that i cant seem to fix.

I'm using v1.5.6 RC2 and cant seem to get any images displaying in the blog list view. I've tried other suggested solutions in the forum, from chmodding the appopriate directories to commenting out/changing line 1160 (not relevent in 1.5.6 anyway).

The error given when trying to open the image is as below (with some of the URL truncated by '...'):
Code:
<b>Warning</b>: file_put_contents(C:\...\www\store\markkessellcars\components\com_flexicontent\librairies\phpthumb\cache\d\da\da4\da43\phpThumb_cache_store.inspireddevelopment.co.uk_srcda4314ef076136dfc0b5efa81d233bc0_par5781a8a3efeff1a3a67685a501ceecb6_dat1327919012.jpeg) [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No error in <b>C:\...\www\store\markkessellcars\components\com_flexicontent\librairies\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php</b> on line <b>540</b><br /> **Headers already sent in file "C:\...\www\store\markkessellcars\components\com_flexicontent\librairies\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php" on line "540", dumping error message as text:**<br><pre> Error messages disabled

The actual image link is as follows:
Code:
http://.../components/com_flexicontent/librairies/phpthumb/phpThumb.php?src=/markkessellcars/images/stories/flexicontent/l_jim.jpg&w=180&h=180&aoe=1&q=95

And only works if i remove the params at the end, so it works if i remove &w=180&h=180&aoe=1&q=95.

I have searched thru the forums and found alot of similar issues but none that matched my exact error message and none of the other issues solutions helped.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for all the great work and support!

- Ant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #22264 by ggppdk
I think you are talking of a bug that is fixed in later revisions, (the error may not appear in all browsers).

The character & must be encoded as &amp;
So edit you category_items.php and carefully replace one by one all occurrences of & with &amp;
e.g.
q = '&q=95';
must become:
q = '&amp;q=95';

NOTE: The same bug exists in Universal module.

Your POST has been quite detailed and clear. If the above does not work, i will tell you have to enable phpthumb error display

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #22287 by inspireddevelopment
Hello, thanks for the prompt reply!

Changing the ampersands has generated a light purple PNG that says 'Error Message Disabled'. I also tried deleting and reuploading the Image. As a note, i can see folders are being created in the phpthumb/cache directory but no images are present, should they be?

I've also changed line 3699 to -
Code:
function ErrorImage($text, $width=0, $height=0, $forcedisplay=true)

But it hasnt changed the Error message, is there somewhere else i need to enable Errors or Debugging?

Thank you for your attention, its much appreciated, these forums are excellent!

More
12 years 3 months ago #22290 by ggppdk
I looked more carefully at your original message, it seems like phpthumb library cannot write its cache folder.

Check permission of the folder:
components\com_flexicontent\librairies\phpthumb\cache and try setting them to 755 and clearing the contents of the folder

The permission of this folder are setting automatically, so also goto
Joomla Backend/Help/System Info/PHP information

and search for string "disable_functions", do you have any functions disabled?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 3 months ago #22294 by inspireddevelopment
hmm.. disable_functions set to no value.

I've also chmodded that directory, all files and subfolders to 755, then cleared the contents apart form the index.html - deleted the nreuploaded image, no change.. it just recreaterd a set of empty folders i in the cache directory "phpthumb/cache/7/78/783/783a"

Sorry about this, its turned out to be a bit more complicated than i had expected..

More
12 years 3 months ago #22297 by ggppdk
Please try with latest download available:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline