No thumbs in category view of blog template

More
12 years 3 months ago #22301 by inspireddevelopment
By which you mean the nightly build?

com_flexicontent_v1.5.6_preRC3_r1110_Nightly_Build

Just want to double check because it could be unstable, i do currently have the most recent RC2 installed if thats what you meant (RC2a_r1057)..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #22303 by ggppdk
Yes try installing this build

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #22308 by inspireddevelopment
Exactly the same result. although now the textareas have no editor and the backend has a few errors above the items view.. If this build hasnt fixed anything is it safe to overwrite withthe previous version because this ones a bit more broken and i've already done a ton of work to the site...

More
12 years 3 months ago #22311 by ggppdk
You can install previous version,

about the issue with phpthumb it must permission issue with your server, does the image field display properly inside an item view?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #22314 by inspireddevelopment
sorry just had to revert back o older version and apply changes.

it does indeed run in the detail view - i'ev currently got around the problem by removing the additional resize variables from the image URL and then i've replacing some code in the category_items.php so it displays the small thumb
Code:
$scr{$i} = $dir{$i}.($this->params->get('lead_image_size') ? '/'.$this->params->get('lead_image_size').'_' : '/l_').$image{$i};
I changed the end with s_ instead of l_ :
Code:
$this->params->get('lead_image_size').'_' : '/s_').$image{$i};

So it displays the item/detail view small thumb.. I dont know if there are any other issues that could arrise from displaying the thumb like this. If there are please let me know...

I understand it appears to be permissions based but i'm not sure what i can do apart from setting 755 for the cache directory, and its definately creating a folder structure. I am running the site on a sub-domain and a suf-domain for dev purposes but cant see any folders to indicate its not routing properly.. I'm a bit dumbstruck to be honest. But i do have it working in some capacity so its ok...

Unless you have an epithany I'd suggest this can be classed as fixed for now - the info might prove useful to other peoples and i dont want to waste more of your time when there are site-breaking issues out there that need your help.

Thank you very much for the attention Mr Ggppdk! Much appreciated, i will post a review on Joomla Extensions about the quality of the component and support, have a good day!

Kind Regards - Ant

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline