Thumbnail size in item view and some Universal module Scope

More
11 years 2 months ago #34338 by delemo
Hi everybody,

I've noticed a strange behavior with the display of thumbnail in item view. I would try to explain it.

In my item I would like to display :
- the title
- the large size of a thumbnail
- the description
- a first universal module to link to an item that have a tag in common
- a second universal module to link to another item that have another tag in common
- a third universal module to link to the categories of the items that have a third tag in common.
This third universal module is set up to display all articles from a scope of included categories, that have tags in common with the item currently viewed. To do that I add the core fields 'categories' in the Field parameter and set up the module to not displaying the item title.

All links are working well. FlexiContent Universal module is a very powerfull tool.

But there is something strange with the display of thumbnail:
- when the third universal module, above, is displayed in my item template, this is the small size of the thumbnail which is displayed although I set up the image field to diplay the large size in item view
- when unpublished, the large size is well displayed as I like it to be.

Hope I was not too confusing.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #34355 by ggppdk
Hello,

one of the items that he module is displaying , is the same item as the item currently displayed by item view?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 2 months ago #34370 by delemo
Hi ggppdk,

To be more precise you can find below 2 links:
- www.staminic.com/test/staminic_n ... utionnelle
This is the link to item with the Universal module called "secteur(s)" wich displays item (Aquilab) and their categories (Clients, Santé et sciences de la vie) that have a tag (Aquilab) in common with the item currently viewed. For this item the thumbnail is in small size, although the image field is set up to display large thumbnail in item view.

- www.staminic.com/test/staminic_n ... c-staminic
This the link to item without the Universal module called secteur(s) (I've used a different template). For this item the thumbnail is in large size as expected.

I've left the tags for test purpose.
To answer your question: there is no item displayed by the universal modules that is the same that the one currently viewed.

The 2 Universal modules called client(s) and secteur(s) share the same configuration (same scope) except that:
- for the secteur(s) one, I've added the display of the core field 'categories' in 'Display parameters for ITEMS' > 'Fields parameters'
- I will hide the title of the item in 'Display parameters for ITEMS' > 'Title parameters'
When I disable the display of the core field 'categories', the thumbnail is displaying as expected.

Best regards

More
11 years 2 months ago #34402 by ggppdk
So you display the same item in 2 Unversal Content Modules ,

-- but the image field is only set to display in one of them ?
-- The problem is created if you add any field (e.g. categories field) in the other module?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 2 months ago #34407 by delemo
Hi ggppdk,

The image field is displayed in the item, above description, not in the modules.
Yes the problem seems to be created when adding the field 'categories' (I haven't tested any other field type) in Universal module.

Regards
Simon

More
11 years 2 months ago #34473 by delemo
Friendly bump…

Does anyone experienced the behaviour I've tried to explain.
Is this a bug or a misuse on my part of FlexiContent.

Best regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline