Dates are one day off

More
14 years 2 months ago #3581 by Objectivity
This is baffling me. I just handed off Flexi for someone to start adding content. We have multiple date fields that we use. On the backend, they all show appropriately. For example, date is listed as 2010-02-20 on the backend, but on the front, it's displayed as Friday, February 19, 2010.

I checked my main Global settings in Joomla and I'm set for the correct timezone. Are there any settings in Flexi I need to adjust?

An example of the calendar with the wrong date showing can be found at.
www.mightypengroup.com/shore-thi ... 9-carnival

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3588 by vistamedia
Replied by vistamedia on topic Dates are one day off
Hi check that and come back to you ;)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #3604 by Objectivity
Replied by Objectivity on topic Dates are one day off
Ok. If you need an account for backend access for any reason, let me know.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3606 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Dates are one day off
Is your server actually located in a different time zone than what you have set in the Joomla global configuration?

I saw a similar issue with another component and it was related to the actual physical server being in one time zone with the server having this time zone in its internal clock, and then having a different time zone setting in the Joomla back-end.

This created an odd situation where published articles did not appear in the front-end until hours later (next day) when they would magically appear when this time zone caught up.

Have seen this with articles, comments, etc.
Could be the same thing affecting your calendar.
Is it full day off, or just a number of hours?

I do not remember the solution, if any.

My WAG. ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #3612 by Objectivity
The server itself is through GoDaddy. It's located in Arizona. I'm two time zones ahead in New Jersey. The date is appearing wrong in the middle of the day, so it shouldn't be a clock issue. Two hours (in either direction) would still have us on the same day.

I haven't gone and looked at the raw database, but it seems like the issue has to do with output. The back end is displaying the correct date.

This was originally working properly, so I'm trying to identify what was changed. Here are some thoughts, but I have no reason to think any are the cause.

1. I erased the default type because I didn't need it.
2. I started using the category template layout, which I struggled with at first.
3. The System - Flexicontent plugin is turned off because I don't want it for everything, just one specific purpose (I tried turning it on to see if it fixed the problem and it didn't).
4. I am using a custom date format of %A, %B %e, %G

Actually, I think the date format might be a cause of the problem or maybe just a bug. I tried switching to a default setting to see if it started displaying the correct date and the updated setting doesn't stick. On occasion it will update (success once out of 15 times), but most of the time the display format doesn't change, or if it does, it's not immediate.

Two other thoughts. I added a new date field to see if that also had an issue. It appears in the item view to add, but the data doesn't save.

Also, the calendar has the columns for Saturday and Sunday grayed out at the start and end of the calendar. I can click the dates fine, but don't know if that's indicative of anything.

Hope this helps in helping me fix the issue and prevent it from occuring for others.

Also, I tried adding a new date field to see if the new field would also display one day off. It won't save any data to the field from the item view. It shows a date, but when you save and apply it disappears.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3632 by Objectivity
I don't mean to be a nudge, but does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this, or a suggestion regarding what I should do to try to reset this so it works properly?

Getting the content that I'd be using Flexi for is the last hurdle I need to overcome before going online. The category lists from these pages are five of the top 10 on my site on a regular basis. This component meets every one of my needs. If I can just get it to stop outputting faulty data, I'll be good to go.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline