Categories field with only subcategories

More
8 years 8 months ago #56182 by ibweb
That worked for me. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56335 by bytekultur
I allow my self to add my question here, I hope it's fine. I ended up here because I am trying to add a category filter field on a content listing. I don't need to see all categories there but only the sub-categories of a certain category, and this should if possible, be language sensitive ( I have 3 languages set up). But I don't see any category at all. I have tried to play with the language settings (all categories the same language) and with the settings in the category, the settings in the menu item, the category field settings (in fields manager) and global configuration. There is absolutely no change with or without emtpying the cache...

I do see the filter field as a drop down with search funcion, but the only value is the default - any -
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #56343 by micker
i think you can use access level to achieve this

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56404 by bytekultur
Thank you for taking the time and answering, but I don't understand what you mean. What I need first is to see categories in the category filter drop down, but there are none (see the picture I have attached on my last message). None of my categories are set to anything else than public, so I don't believe this has an influence. Would it be possible to explain a bit further, what I could achieve with access levels and where?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bytekultur.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56405 by micker
in each catégorie if you define access level => filter display only categorie if level access of user is good

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 8 months ago #56406 by bytekultur
And where in the category can I define this (which tab has filter rules for access levels?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline