'attribs' DB table column of 'flexicontent_fields' DB Table is not large enough to store large configurations

More
8 years 6 months ago #57743 by MikeM
Sorry for my low knowledge about Flexi :dry:
I install on my site Flexi and now i have 1 alternative - learn it

I dont know - possible that i want in Flexi or not, whithout third-party components or plugins.

Now i make a menu item - Flexi Categories, with all categories of content, and give it alias "regions", then set Field Filter as custom field - my field regions.
Then i make a prefix for field "regions" <a href="/regions?filter_16={{field16##0##_value_}}">.
It works ok!

But there is a way to get more pretty links? Now it looks like /regions?filter_16=myregion,
but I want /regions/myregion
I write about cityes - there is 1700 cityes, and i missing some small sityes, so i want give a possibility add new city for user, who create content.

It possible with flexi+small PHP code (because my PHP very very weak) make that:
page "/regions" -> list of links to all regions
then page "regions/my_region" - -> list of all flexi items (news) with field "regions=my_region" + list of all city in my_ region (maybe as a module)
then page "regions/my_region/my_city" -> list of all flexi items (news) with field "city=my_city"

Then another question - it real or not - make subscribe for users for they choosen region (maybe with javascript Jquery cookies plugin or another)/
Some a little wider question - is it real make subscribe for custom field? Author, category, tag, custom fields - like my regions or city - that user (guest or registred) can subscribe for news with criteria as he want fully - by author, by category, by type... e.c.

If it real only in flexi - can you ask how it make or please ask moving direction,
if it real with some external JS code - please ask moving direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57751 by ggppdk
Hello

you can have "LOCKED" value for filters in category menu items

-- so to have links like:
regions/my_region/my_city

you need to create category menu items that will be in a tree structure (parent-child menu items in menu manager)

1. enable "Category Parameter override" in them !!
2. Enable locked filters parameter
3. Set the value of as following

regions/ should be a category(*) menu item without any filter
regions/my_city should be a category(*) (sub) menu item with locked filter city
regions/my_city/my_region should be a category(*) (sub) menu item with BOTH locked filter city and locked filter region

(*) it can also be multi-categories menu item

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.581 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline