Thumbnail and category images problemi when changing joomla install folder

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57981 by agnesch
Hello,

Here is my situation: I have build aa test website in a folder associated to a subdomain. Now that the site is ready, I need to put it in production. However, I do not want to have it in the root, but in a folder in public_HTML, so as to have the root folder as clean as possible. To this purpose, I've created a htaccess file to go in the root so as to redirect the main domain to my joomla folder.

At this point, I think that there is something wrong in this htaccess file because the thumbnail folder and the images in the categories are not shown and I get a phpthumb error (the rest of the site works well, including the main images in the articles).

Would you please have a look at my htaccess file and help me find a possible fix?

Thanks!

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by agnesch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #57985 by ggppdk
Hello

placing Joomla inside root or in a subfolder should not give you problems with FLEXIcontent thumbnailing

- if you are extracting images from article description, check that they are relative

- you may try (-test-) last build which uses phpThumb v1.7.13 instead of phpThumb v1.7.11:
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/releases
FLEXIcontent v3.0.9-2015_10_26_a (v3.0.9-rc) or later

- please provide the phpThumb Error message

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57994 by agnesch
Hello ggppdk,

thank you for your fast reply.

Indeed, the fact of having joomla in a subfolder was not a problem, this was actually the situation when I had it in test mode in my subdomain.

However, the problem seems to be with the fact that I am redirecting the root domain to the mainsite directory.

The Path to secure files folder and Path to media files folder are relative and are working correctly:

However, when declaring the same path in the image field for thumbnailing, the result is as in the picture attached

The same thing happens with the images in the categories.

To be noticed that the same images are used in html modules in other places of the website via the core joomla administration, and they work fine.

This is why I thought that it might have some to have with the way the htaccess file was configured for the redirect. I am not an expert and I may have set something wrong. Please help!

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57996 by agnesch
Hello, I've updated Flexicontent to the last version you mentioned but the problem persists.

I'm more and more convinced that this problem has to do with the redirect via htaccess and the fact that phpthumb cannot manage successfully the relative paths for images.

I've clicked on the html source of the page in question and this is what comes out. As you can see below, in some instances, the folder where joomla is installed (i.e. "mainsite") is correctly placed, in some others it is not there. Unfortunately, I'm not able to make changes myself...

Please use these credentials if you need to access my website and FTP account:

Thank you!

More
8 years 5 months ago #58311 by inesrosas
Hi agnesch! Did you solve this? I am confronting exactly the same problem. My site was working perfectly in my localhost, but when I uploaded to my host, the thumbnails in the category and directory menu items are not displayed. The thumbnails in the item detail page are displayed fine.
Here is the site's category menu item:
184.154.246.231/~atletic5/services/search1

The site's directory menu item:
184.154.246.231/~atletic5/services/search2

And a sample item detail page:
184.154.246.231/~atletic5/services/searc...ad-muniz-padilla_227

If you click on any of the names, you see the item detail page and can verify that the thumbnail there looks perfect, which tells me that Flexicontent has the right path to the folder, but something else is wrong.

More
8 years 5 months ago #58315 by ggppdk
Hello

thumbnails that contain username, e.g:

somehostname/~someuser/...

will not work, it should work after you use normal url

then if it is not working with normal url, then it is another issue

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.667 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline