Error 406

More
11 years 8 months ago #28124 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Error 406
- About subscribing to receive updates on changes of products this is done by displaying favourites field in the frontend item / category view.

When an editor saves an item, he/she can select whether to notify subscribed users "favoring" the item

- Currently focusing on bug fixes (i hope no important bugs exist now) , and finishing some almost finished powerful features.

I need to finish as soon as possible since after Monday i will have little time.

- I have wrote various articles for developers but if you have a question not answered already, i will write a couple more.

But currently i do not have time to offer custom development

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #28126 by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic Error 406
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't actually asking for custom development. Much less than that. I would not want to take advantage of anyone not on my payroll.

The subscription model we are trying to emulate I am afraid is a lot more complex than that, but before I even get into that we'll need to do some homework to be able to present it in a way that makes sense. It's so very close to be possible with off the shelf scripts, but some specific requirements make it a lot harder to manage.

in regard to the assistance I am looking for it's much more simple. We were just going to spec out what we are trying to accomplish and then submit it to you or anyone with a little bit of spare time just so you can tell us if you think it's something FC could do.
Once we know if it can be done or not, then it will be our job to make it happen (and we may use the forum a lot for help, but on a community level). I was not trying to recruit you to work for us :)

We basically just would like some guidance once we are a bit more advanced in our project. We'd be happy to pay someone too if anyone there would like to help, but only on an advisory level.

Anyway, I am logging off for the day. When we get to that point I'll let you know and if by then you have a few minutes to spare to give us advice, great. If you have someone else in mind that may help, good too or if no one can help, we'll manage anyway. I'll leave it on the forum for others to answer.

Thank you very much for all the help so far.

More
11 years 8 months ago #28127 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Error 406
1. FLEXIcontent field plugin are Joomla plugin of type "flexicontent_items"

2. You can create a custom field that displays in frontend and allows users to register to receive more complex updates

3. If you call you new field subscribeprd
(files subscribeprd.php and subscribeprd.xml)
then you can call any function you create from frontend via URLs:

-- e.g to call function myfunc1(...) inside the subscribeprd.php
you call URL (e.g. via AJAX too ...):

index.php?option=com_flexicontent&task=doplgact&plg=subscribeprd&act=myfunc1&var1=val1&var2=val2

the var1 and var2 you get inside the function, use
$var1 = JRequest:getVar('var1');
$var2 = JRequest:getVar('var2');

4. You will also need to alter a little the various functions inside the plugin, e.g. The onBeforeSaveField() you can use to detect the item being saved

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline