Error 406

More
11 years 8 months ago #28111 by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic Error 406
No problem, I realize that. My hosting guys are looking into it and I gave them access to the test build were I got the error. I also asked them to provide a report I can give you if they think the issue is on your side. If instead it is our security not configured properly I'll just fix it and let you know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #28112 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Error 406
OK i imagine they will give you URL that triggered the mod_security,

but do you remember which FLEXIcontent page you visited when the error occurred,

Frontend item view? category view?

Backend view?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 8 months ago #28113 by conticreative
I was in the backend and I was poking around, most likely trying to create a field someplace. One of the objectives of our project is to have a product catalog and a list of recipients that can subscribe to each product and receive alerts via email about one or more of the products contained in the catalog. What we are looking for is a CCK that handles custom fields in a way that it is easier for us to create custom queries and extract the data. So far we have tried K2, Sobi and a couple of others but the way they handle custom fields would not work for us. So we are looking around to find a CCK that may be closer to what we need.

Regardless, I found that FC has a feature we need for the regular news area of the site, so we are interested in using it.

Maybe I'll open another thread to explain what we need in terms of the catalog that may more more sense. But we would still love to use FC for the news part anyway so fixing it would be great.

it'll probably be tomorrow before I hear back from my server guys.

More
11 years 8 months ago #28114 by conticreative
But instead they got back to me right now. Just when I was about to close shop.

According to them, they managed to trigger mod_security by creating a new item and then clicking "cancel".

Now I remember that the very same thing happened to me. I created a new item, but when I went to add some text the text area (introtext) would not show up (with or without the text editor) so I clicked "cancel" and that's when mod_security kicked me off.

I forgot because we have been doing similar things all day in a number of scripts and we were chatting at the same time.

Tomorrow I will continue working with it and see if I trigger it again. If not, you may want to look at what may be causing that in your code, if you think it can be traced there. If you like, I can ask for further clarification from the guys.

More
11 years 8 months ago #28115 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Error 406
Please use these since they contain a couple of important bug fixes and new features: (they will make no difference on error 406)

v2.0 RC8 r1460 for J2.5

v1.5.6 RC8 r1460 for J1.5

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 8 months ago #28123 by conticreative
Thank you. I was going to build a few new test sites anyway, so I will install it there.. I installed another CCK that must have installed over 50 plugins and other crap. I am not going to use that thing again, but now my test site is shot.

I was wondering if you would be available to answer a few questions once my partner and I have had a chance to review FC and some of the competition. I don't want you to go by my assessment of the project alone and I want to make sure we get the original database and script we are supposed to rebuild first, but at some point we would like to give you an overview and get your opinion if FC would be a good choice for that use.

Essentially, as I posted on the forum, we have a product catalog and then a separate list of users that can request to be alerted of changes on the products.

The problem we saw with K2 and Sobi Pro is that all the data from the custom fields we created goes into a single table regardless of where the fields belong.

In any case, as I said I'd prefer to wait until our minds are a bit clearer. Would you be available?

Thank you.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.639 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline