Attachments com/plg dont work with Flexi..

More
14 years 4 months ago #1865 by TE_
Hi,

iam new to Joomla and absolutely new to FlexiContent. I would like to attach files to articles, i notice that in Flexi is a File Field which allows it but i would like to display there few information about the file, like description, size , hits and so.

I found one "Attachments for content artiles"
Code:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/directory-a-documentation/downloads/3115
, but i cant make it work with Flexi. I searchd the forums here for some clue or answer on my problem but didnt found. Can anyone push me the right way here?

Actually i dont really need excatly this plg\com but i would like to show more option for the attached file, like "description, size, hits". If anyone knows any similiar plg\com it would solve my problem too.

thank you,, and happy holidays for everyone :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #1971 by bsky92
Hi and welcome aboard

I don't know the plugin you are trying to use, but a way to work around the problem would be to have some more custom fields, in which you add the specific infos about your file ....

As you can have as many fields as you want, use them just as you want in your template, always think first how do I solve my problem inside Flexicontent before trying to use an outside plugin, this would be my number one advice ..... the one I apply to myself with this component :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #1972 by TE_
hi,,

thx for reply..Cause iam new to flexi content iam not absolutely sure what i should do :oops: can u push me a little more?

thx

More
14 years 3 months ago #1973 by bsky92
:D

can you send us a picture of your fields, we will then be able to understand what exactly you need to do next :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #1975 by TE_
This would be a very stupid question, but the "picture", what u excatly mean with this?

Fields in template? Fields installed in Flexi? or anything else?

I can just tell that i have a fresh install of Flexi,,

thx, T

More
14 years 3 months ago #1978 by bsky92
ok, let's do it step by step

Did you create a new type of items, and which one?

What custom fields did you create for this type?

Did you create a custom template, by duplicating default, and which one?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline