Upload Multiple Files for slideshow field

More
9 years 1 week ago #54376 by chaaya
When I first done the multi-uploads, no items were listed. So I couldn't select anything. Today, there are 12 images listed. I have 62 images in Uploads and Medias folder, and the same number of records in xx_flexicontent_files. I discovered that the 12 images are the ones I uploaded one by one and were attached to the item fields.
So I tried the multi-upload again, and the same problem. It uploads the images and updates the files table, but they don't appear in the list and can't do anything with them. They are added with the next number postfix xxxx_1.jpg, xxxx_2.jpg and so on, which means they are using disk space for nothing.

Please consider applying the above Insert statement just after updating the flexicontent_files table, as at that point you have all the data available. This will make the multi-uploader auto assign the images to the field.

Thank you for this system, brilliant work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #54380 by ggppdk
Hello

the new files should appear after uploading , because of proper ordering of file at the top of the list, so will check the ordering, because the files need to appear at the top of the file list

-- multi-upload in v3 beta5 and earlier was only possible for image in folder mode, so this is new

about auto-assigning files
a. it is not a bug, it is not done on purpose, we may add parameter for this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 5 days ago #54433 by chaaya
If the files appear in the list then that will certainly help, otherwise it takes for ever to upload all these images one by one.
A parameter to auto-assign is also a great idea. Look forward to it.
According to my tests, if you auto-assign the images, then they will appear in the list.

More
9 years 3 days ago #54517 by chaaya
Another feature for the multi-upload is to allow the user to enter a Title and a Description (similar to the single upload) and when uploading the images the program adds a number as a suffix. For example: image_title_1, image_title_2, ...3,...4 etc.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.594 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline